AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: BC Dive operators/hotels - 01/30/06 01:11 AM
We're interested in information about dive operators, have been with Amigos in past, but have heard that lately they are not providing a good service. What dive shops are recommended. Also, we're interested in the Palms, or Blue Tang, or Belizian Reef....any comments on the above would be appreciated. Is the Xanadu really too far from town??
Posted By: Kra-Z-K Re: Dive operators/hotels - 01/30/06 01:32 AM
certainly, Amigos.
Posted By: clover Re: Dive operators/hotels - 01/30/06 01:34 AM
Protech.
Posted By: Kra-Z-K Re: Dive operators/hotels - 01/30/06 01:59 AM
agree. definatly the best two in town. Amigos is much better than they ever were, got a few new boats recently, and protech is great too. Go with one of those.
Posted By: BC Re: Dive operators/hotels - 01/30/06 02:08 AM
Thanks for the response on the dive operators, what about hotels???
Posted By: BC Re: Dive operators/hotels - 01/30/06 02:09 AM
Thanks for the response on the dive operators, what about hotels??
Posted By: BC Re: Dive operators/hotels - 01/30/06 02:13 AM
How long has Protech been in business?
Posted By: clover Re: Dive operators/hotels - 01/30/06 02:27 AM
several years......much better than Amigos.
Posted By: Kra-Z-K Re: Dive operators/hotels - 01/30/06 03:02 AM
both great shops, hard to say one is better than other. You will be happy with both. Dive with either. If you do Blue Hole, do that on the Miss Mel Amigos 2 story boat though.
Posted By: travelqueen Re: Dive operators/hotels - 01/30/06 04:05 AM
I see an attempted cat fight... where's hellokitty?

BC, you got the hiccups? laugh
Posted By: ScubaLdy Re: Dive operators/hotels - 01/30/06 04:42 AM
I heard Amigos Del Mar is for sale. Does anyone know the truth to this?
Posted By: hellokitty Re: Dive operators/hotels - 01/30/06 05:02 AM
I am here. Please no fighting. You all seem to be such good friends here. How nice to be able to talk to friends here who aren't close by. I talk to many of my friends who are not near on a similar board. Please stop by and visit.
http://www.sanrio.com/main/ktforum/forumkt.html

Hello Kitty Says "The best way to be happy is to make a friend happy. Give yourself a sticker!"
Posted By: BC Re: Dive operators/hotels - 01/30/06 02:25 PM
Thanks for all your help on dive operators. I'm a PADI MSDT and tired of getting stuck on cattle boats with "newbies". Now we need a hotel.
We have been looking at the Blue Tang, The Palsm and the Belizean Reef. Any commets on these places.
We have not been to S.P. for about 2 years and I'm sure much has changed.
Posted By: sandb Re: Dive operators/hotels - 01/30/06 02:45 PM
All three are great choices. All three are the same as they were when you were there two years ago...except at the BR where Virginia & Ken now live in a brand new casita over their office.
Good luck. smile
Posted By: ScubaLdy Re: Dive operators/hotels - 01/30/06 02:59 PM
Hi Gaz - I sure miss seeing you.
BC - again accommodations are as diversified as are the dive operations. I personally like the Blue Tang as I have liked to hang out at the north end of town. This, like the Mayan Princess in the heart of town, has large studio units where the bedroom is not closed off from the living area. When I needed a separate bedroom I stayed next door to the Blue Tang at Tradewinds.
There are two grocery stores one block away and less than a five minute walk down the beach to the center of town.
As has been stated time and again - any dive operator will pick you and bring you back to where ever you are staying
Posted By: BC Re: Dive operators/hotels - 01/30/06 03:19 PM
Scubaldy, thanks for the advice on dive operators.
I spoke to the Blue Tang and they also recommend your choice and I agree, some of DMs do more damage than the tourists do.
We have stopped at the Blue Tang before to look around and it looks like a very nuce place.
There are 4 of us coming down in late June and 2 are lenning towards the BT and 2 lenning to the Paslms.
Posted By: chaseh Re: Dive operators/hotels - 01/31/06 09:30 PM
Hey Gaz

Is Andy still diving with your opp?
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board