AmbergrisCaye.com Home
My husband and I are going to be spending our 10 year wedding anniversary on Ambergis Caye, we're staying at Xanadu. I would like recommendations for a super romantic place to have dinner at for our 10 yr. anniversary. We love GOOD seafood & would appreciate any suggestions as to where to go or where to definitely not go! Thanks in advance!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Romantic Restaurant w/great food for anniversary - 01/19/07 04:09 AM
Go up north to Capricorn. Beautiful setting, great food!
Thank you, would we need reservations?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Romantic Restaurant w/great food for anniversary - 01/19/07 04:16 AM
Yes. They book pretty quickly.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Romantic Restaurant w/great food for anniversary - 01/19/07 04:17 AM
The stuffed grouper is to die for at Capricorn. The atmosphere is great and the people are incredible!
Good to know, thanks for the info!
Blue water Grill or Rojo Lounge!
Lyleeta,
Whether you go for the anniversary or another time, try Rojo, also up north. Very nice setting, great hosts and interesting menu.

Can't say about Capricorn, but all goood reports on this board. Must try myself next time down.

You might look at the trip reports on this site and see what others have said about many restaurants on the island.

Enjoy!

DB
I would agree, capricorn or rojo. We went to Casa Picasso last year and it was nice.
Lyteeta, where in MN are you from? I am from Plymouth originally.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Romantic Restaurant w/great food for anniversary - 01/19/07 07:22 AM
Casa Picasso is my absolute favorite, great upscale food at what I consider reasonable prices. Still, I don't know that I would classify it as "super romantic." For that I would recommend Victoria House. The grounds are beautiful, the food and service are first rate. I've been everywhere else mentioned, except Rojo, and Victoria House tops them all in my opinion.

Additionally, while I'm looking forward to trying Rojo in a couple of weeks, it is only accessible by boat, which will limit how late you can stay and will tack on a nice little chunk of cash to the cost of dinner.

Check out Victoria House's website for an idea of the views. Ask anyone on the board who's been there about the quality of the food and service. First Class all the way.
Law is both articulate and right. Casa Picsso is tops. Get a corner table. The breeze blowing though the windows is awesome and the food and hosts can not be beat. On the other hand, Victoria House is special evening as well. You can not go wrong with either place. Enjoy
from a local....
ROJO ROJO ROJO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

period...end of discussion smile! teehee....

but seriously, on the island....rojo.

i HEAR that capricorn is also wonderful, but i still vote rojo. its just lovely.
I agree Capricorn is very nice & I've been there a couple of times, another one I really like is Rendevous Restarant & Winery located North, about a 10 min. boat ride.
Rendezvous only seats 24 & has great wine.
Any of the above would be great, a boat ride under the stars is so cool and very romantic.
On Valentine's day you can stay late, there are many boats going back from north past the normal time (people get private charters and then they turn into public ones once there is more than 4)

So many to choose from!! Portafino, Rojo, Rendezvous, Capricorn, Caliente Norte has best view, El Divino down south. Love them all and you can't go wrong with any. On this homepage, you can see some of the menus under restaurants. Happy Anniversary!!
Mornin Linda!
Been a restaurant owner my entire adult life and have dined at all the aboved mentioned and honestly Rojo Lounge is in a class by itself. It is the goods!!!!
Mornin,IMM!
I vote for Rojo as well! ROMANTIC!!
We live in South Minneapolis, near Lake Nokomis!
Ok here is the real deal ,from capt jeff the classic Romantic .Rojo#1 for food ,victoria house #2 but very ,very close!! New killer japanese chef at the house , not jeff the owner chef at rojo but will give him a run for the money ,both one of the best ... The big plus on both Very romantic , both super Ambiance, plus both have five star grounds , safe, lush and classy ,walk the beach with no shoes on , after dinner , holding hands ,with a glass of wine and you should feel like it was when you first meet..You can take what I said it to the bank. Go live the dream ,enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Romantic Restaurant w/great food for anniversary - 01/19/07 06:53 PM
Capt Jeff - I sent an email to your email address - are you checking in while you're in SP?

My vote would be Sunny's Chinese. First of all the ambience is delightful. You can stand in the door and watch the dogs fight in the road, while golf carts and drunks pop into Marina's for some late night lubrication. The service is fantastic with lovely white styrofoam and plastic forks. You can carry your dinner in a black plastic bag down mosquito alley to a dark spot on the beach. Some of the dishes have spectacular qualities. I particularly like the fried chicken which keeps your lips and surrounding face smooth and oiled for hours. Who needs lip gloss.
law my love never got it try my ,real e mail [email protected] I am home now!!!!!!
colly, lol! I was wondering what the name of that Chinese place was so thank you!

Capt, come to SP Feb. 9th!!!
Would love to but, going to newzealand /australia on a ship silver seas. for a month to live the dream.TQ Pack your bag got room!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Right...But you enjoy your self and live your dream jumpimg out of a plane..see ya next trip!!!!
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board