AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: tudiver Dive Shops - 03/26/07 12:34 AM
Any recommendations for dive shops? I am interested in diving, snorkeling, cave tubing and zip lining. We will be staying at Banana Beach and I know they have a dive shop there, but is it the best one?

Arrivign April 30th and can't wait!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Dive Shops - 03/26/07 07:48 AM
No dive shop at Banana Beach. They have a tour office booking (I believe) primarily with one dive operator. As to whether that's the best, find out who they are and look up the discussion groups that deal with diving, such as Scubaboard and Trip Advisor. In any case you won't have any problems getting in with any operator at that time, so best to research in person once you're here.
Posted By: sandb Re: Dive Shops - 03/26/07 03:08 PM
How refreshing. Not a hint of self-advertisement.
Tudiver, Protech and Amigos Del Mar are both highly rated.
Posted By: seashell Re: Dive Shops - 03/26/07 07:05 PM
"Tudiver"? Are they new?

Posted By: LeeFranke Re: Dive Shops - 03/26/07 07:18 PM
I used Protech Link on my last trip (march 11th-18th).

They were very good. The manager, Anna was always very polite, knowledgable and helpful.
Posted By: reaper Re: Dive Shops - 03/26/07 08:58 PM
SS...PAY ATTENTION!!!!

Tudivers is the poster asking for info!

Protech, Amigos Del Mar...have used both, highly recommended.
Posted By: hillcountry Re: Dive Shops - 03/26/07 09:47 PM
has anybody used reef adventures?
Posted By: seashell Re: Dive Shops - 03/27/07 01:08 AM
Yes, Ched is very good (Reef Adventures)

(to reaper . .oops) smile
Posted By: Kerri_Canada Re: Dive Shops - 03/27/07 02:11 AM
reef adventures is great and also uprise tours (eric & clifford) they willl set anything up for you!
Posted By: LaraTravelBelize Re: Dive Shops - 03/27/07 04:03 AM
Chuck and Robbies....ask for Zoe!
Posted By: ambergrishog Re: Dive Shops - 03/27/07 04:49 AM
We have used Belize Diving Adventures for the last several years and they are fantastic. They have a great new boat too. Owned and operated by a husband and wife team, ask for Everette or Enes. www.belizedivingadventures.net
Posted By: brianm Re: Dive Shops - 03/27/07 01:59 PM
I have used Protech last May and on my latest trip March 9-18. Have been nothing but extremely happy. Great staff and nice small groups. Did a trip to Turneffe this trip with Amigos and to Lighthouse last trip with Ambergris Divers. Both were good as well although the Turneffe trip with Amigos was a big group on a pretty small boat.
Posted By: BFaucett Re: Dive Shops - 03/27/07 02:07 PM
When I stayed at Banana Beach 2 years ago they used Ambergris Divers which I found out to be a very good dive outfit.
Posted By: tudiver Re: Dive Shops - 03/27/07 04:40 PM
Thanks for all of the recommendations! It sounds like I can wait until I am there to book everything...that will make things a little easier for me.
Posted By: ScubaLdy Re: Dive Shops - 03/27/07 11:17 PM
Everette, Belize Diving Adventures, came up to see me yesterday in his new boat - Miss Ness! Wow - what a beauty. Thirty Seven foot totally refurbished. They will be making trips out to the atolls.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board