AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Marty Traffic Tickets & Vehicle registration - 04/14/07 06:25 AM
from the Chamber of Commerce

Traffic Tickets & Vehicle registration

Several businesses on Front Street informed the Chamber that many parking tickets were being given out to tourists that did not know the rotating parking by date. Since the signs had been removed during the paving, it seems a poor decision to ticket anyone if there were no signs showing where to park. Even residents would have a hard time remembering which side to park on during the first or second half of the month. One member commented that the Mash trucks were driving up the one way near Alliance Bank, then the wrong way up Front Street and using the Atlantic Bank lot to drive down to the beach to unload the Crystal barges. A motion was made for Tom Vidrine to discuss the issue with the Mayoress, as well as get an update on the traffic flow plans now that the new barricade posts have been put in place. Several attendees commented on the speed that the new road was built, and the nice sidewalk that had been placed on the east side of the roadway. Some comments were made that people parking on the sidewalk should be getting tickets, as well as the Mash trucks.

Other questions arose on the vehicle registration that had taken place. Since we have not met our new Traffic Committee Chairman, a motion was made to invite him to our next meeting.
Posted By: SimonB Re: Traffic Tickets & Vehicle registration - 04/14/07 03:49 PM
If the Chamber wants to do something - donate one way signs and do not enter signs to be placed on all streets in the appropriate locations. I can't ever remember seeing so many people driving the wrong way down streets downtown (and it has nothing to do with the construction.) Last night I saw a cart of tourists turn north on middle street and then run down another tourist a few hundred feet later. At least a half dozen times yesterday I turned the corner by Jambels only to be faced by a golf cart going the wrong way. Middle street from RC to Rocks may as well be 2 way for the number of carts going the wrong way.
Posted By: Inplub Re: Traffic Tickets & Vehicle registration - 04/14/07 04:04 PM
When did signs do any good, I have a STOP sign outside my house and 95% and more do not STOP.
Posted By: SimonB Re: Traffic Tickets & Vehicle registration - 04/14/07 04:53 PM
That's because 95% of the time you don't need to but it would be nice to know which way you were supposed to go if you did.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board