AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: captjeff who is down aug 6 with the capt. - 07/18/07 08:26 PM
Capt jeff's comming down the 6 to the 13 of august for his monthly trip to paradise to live the dream one more time ,who is down then???
Posted By: krehfish Re: who is down aug 6 with the capt. - 07/18/07 08:34 PM
Me,Me,Me...8th-18th
Posted By: sweetjane Re: who is down aug 6 with the capt. - 07/18/07 08:37 PM
just miss you both, i go home the 5th frown destined never to meet...
Posted By: captjeff Re: who is down aug 6 with the capt. - 07/18/07 08:58 PM
Sweet jane next time for sure ...
krehfish ,call me at .cell 600 9650 after 12 noon fishing in am.. or the love shack number 2062229 would love to hook up for a drink so try cell first ..See yaaaaaaaaaaaa.
Posted By: krehfish Re: who is down aug 6 with the capt. - 07/18/07 09:09 PM
CJ: Will do, either 8th or 9th. All day every day fishin after that.
Posted By: Ruth1 Re: who is down aug 6 with the capt. - 07/18/07 10:42 PM
A group of 5 of us are going to be down Aug 4th - Aug 11th.
Also I met a group (I think) of four that are going to be staying at the same resort as us.
So Ruth's Group....
And Carole Group....
Coming to enjoy the island...
Can't wait...courting the days.....17 days before we arrive...
Hey Carole....drinks are on me first night (or any night)...
Just come on over....we will be watching the sun go down on the deck with our drinks.
Posted By: Don Greife Re: who is down aug 6 with the capt. - 07/19/07 03:29 AM
John, you have no right to spend 10 days sore mouthing all the bone fish on the flats of Ambergris Caye. Specially when my fishing partner can't get away until November. Have you considered spending a few days in Placencia harassing the permit and giving the bones a break?
Posted By: captjeff Re: who is down aug 6 with the capt. - 07/19/07 02:14 PM
Ruth I know you will love your trip ..If I remember you are going to stay way up north at costa maya ,so will not get to see you .You have 3 great world class restaurants for that special night not to far away .Rojo ,portofino and capricorn all a must enjoy.Go live the dream and have a ball....
Posted By: krehfish Re: who is down aug 6 with the capt. - 07/19/07 02:24 PM
Don: Actually I did give some thought to a quick flight down for a day, But I'm fishing 4 straight, day off, then a couple more and 10 days is just not enough. Besides, I'd like to stay up past 10pm one nite w/o the 5am wake up.
Posted By: Don Greife Re: who is down aug 6 with the capt. - 07/19/07 03:06 PM
John,,I can see a Grand Slam in the making. And, the last time I saw Manuel he was putting on a little weight. Do you think he is up to poling four days streight? LOL. Still working on the Ol' girl, trying to get her to make the move. So far,, no luck. Have had visions of having you over for a Belikins and a Cuban cigar. We both are very concerned about the health care situation on the island, and probably with good reason. In the mean time I am doing the red fish thing in Fla. and La. every chance I get. "Tear-um Up".
Posted By: captjeff Re: who is down aug 6 with the capt. - 07/19/07 03:33 PM
You guys ,are living the dream big time ...Much to much work fly fishing.Great sport but again to much work .
Posted By: Rykat Re: who is down aug 6 with the capt. - 07/19/07 03:49 PM
right on Capt Jeff....too physical AND too mental....sinker/hook/bait...drop set hook...done. wink

oops forgot...set hook hand rod to someone else to reel in fish!
Posted By: captjeff Re: who is down aug 6 with the capt. - 07/19/07 03:59 PM
Rykat , how true .. I like the dead pole method ,great times doing nothing... My biggest cod ,and fluke was caught on a dead pole and me eating a huge sub about a foot long weighing about two pounds , the pole bends and I have to stop eating and reel the fish in ,,too much work..The cod was about 35 lbs and caught at scallop ridge off long island ..and the fluke ten pounds was caught in the 60's off seabrite...ya never know..
Posted By: Ruth1 Re: who is down aug 6 with the capt. - 07/19/07 04:13 PM
Hello Capt Jeff,

Yes, You are correct we are staying at the "Costa Maya Reef".
I have heard the same thing about these restaurants. Plan to try as many as we can. We will be diving and eating...and of course drinking.

All the Best!
Posted By: Rykat Re: who is down aug 6 with the capt. - 07/19/07 04:18 PM
Still whoopin' a few of those big flatties off Seabright but a lot of the big ones now Jeff are coming from the local built reefs. Long for the days open bottom COD dont get no better than that!
Still kinda nice now to "hand-off" the rod!!!!
Posted By: travelqueen Re: who is down aug 6 with the capt. - 07/19/07 04:33 PM
Capt! Can you back it up a few days? I'm thinking about coming down a few days before the 6th!
Posted By: captjeff Re: who is down aug 6 with the capt. - 07/19/07 06:13 PM
TQ sent you a pm ....
Posted By: travelqueen Re: who is down aug 6 with the capt. - 07/19/07 06:30 PM
I didn't get it... you sure you sent it to moi?

Hope to see you soon!
Posted By: captjeff Re: who is down aug 6 with the capt. - 07/19/07 06:48 PM
WILL SEND OUT AGAIN TO THE BOARD PM..
Posted By: Don Greife Re: who is down aug 6 with the capt. - 07/19/07 07:29 PM
Cap. When John mentioned that he might meet up with you when he arrives, I had it in mind to mention to him that he "not" take you fly fishing with him, but I failed to do so. Sorry Bout That,,,, because I have no doubt that if he were to expose you the the gentlemans art that it would no doubt result in the addiction and ruination of the rest of your life. In my opinion, you have lucked out , so far, but don't press your luck. You could be tying flys this time next week.
Posted By: captjeff Re: who is down aug 6 with the capt. - 07/19/07 07:55 PM
Don tried it a few times not me .Will fish the back and lagoon from time to time but with spin ultra light , we catch small bones one after the other ...The fly does not make me feel warm and fuzzy...have friends that love it must be a cult thing...
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board