AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: tacogirl Stuff Swap - 07/19/07 05:50 PM
RIBeth's Birthday Stuff Swap party and Pizza Party

Saturday July 21

5 pm

Beth will not be here for her birthday but we are celebrating in her honor. Since she is such a great shopper I thought a swap was a fitting.

So get busy and clean out your closets. Bring anything you no longer need or use...

Books, cds, dvds, clothing, shoes, jewellery, cooking supplies, housewares, tools, electrical appliances, kitchen sink. (must be in decent condition)

Bring a plastic bag for your loot, and bring a friend

Come on out and have some fun you may be the lucky person to take home a mystery door prize

Last stuff swap We had a great turn out and 3 tables full of some really cool stuff. (Door prizes included a kama sutra book and Jager shots)
Posted By: travelqueen Re: Stuff Swap - 07/19/07 06:03 PM
I'm sorry I missing it this round! Bummer! frown My birthday is this year too... I don't know that I'm a good shopper though...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BETH! XOXOXOXO
Posted By: tacogirl Re: Stuff Swap - 07/19/07 06:07 PM
When is your b-day tq?
Posted By: RI Beth Re: Stuff Swap - 07/19/07 11:03 PM
Wow! Thanks for thinking of me. Guess it goes without saying that I wish I could be there. You can have my jaeger.

Sure hope you have fun!

Posted By: susieb Re: Stuff Swap - 07/20/07 01:30 AM
this looks like a great time! are there rules for stuff swapping?
Posted By: tacogirl Re: Stuff Swap - 07/20/07 05:36 PM
Hi Susieb

No set rules just tables full of stuff and people can free shop at their leisure.

Last time there were a few juicy items like a retractable laundry line and a nice radio so it does pay to get there on time.

Beth I will make sure your birthday Jager lands in the right hands.
Posted By: KC Jayhawk Re: Stuff Swap - 07/20/07 05:40 PM
LOL, TQ!! We know when your birthday is . . .don't think we don't!! grin
Posted By: susieb Re: Stuff Swap - 07/20/07 10:18 PM
and i thought thrift store shopping was as good as it gets! this takes a bargain to a whole new level smile the women i work with got together prior to the holidays last year and - because all had families to shop for and couldn't bear to put another name on their 'list' - had a t-shirt swap. while we knew we'd be going home with a t-shirt, it was great fun to argue over who got the cayuga texas basketball shirt... simple pleasures!
Posted By: Amanda Syme Re: Stuff Swap - 07/20/07 10:26 PM
susieb I don't know if you should say that a bunch of girls got together and had a tshirt swap. The guys on this board will want to video the whole thing and post on youtube.
Posted By: susieb Re: Stuff Swap - 07/21/07 01:22 AM
oh, if only it had been that exciting - i can't wait to tell the girls we almost qualified for a youtube video - even under false pretenses! 40-somethings gone wild just doesn't quite elicit the same response, does it??
Posted By: KC Jayhawk Re: Stuff Swap - 07/21/07 05:47 AM
40-somethings gone wild!! WHOOHOO0! wait a minute . .I can't be excited about it if they're not . . .never mind ... . old coot walking away here . . . . whistle
Posted By: tacogirl Re: Stuff Swap - 07/22/07 03:55 PM
smile smile smile
Posted By: 2MILESNORTHOFCUT Re: Stuff Swap - 07/22/07 10:24 PM
Nice to see cindy got a bike to replace the stolen one smile , Hopefully someone will find her boat and she gets a BIG lock and cable for both.
Posted By: Hsbeach Re: Stuff Swap - 07/26/07 11:05 AM
any swaps coming up soon? We are going to be there July 27 - August 4
Posted By: tacogirl Re: Stuff Swap - 07/27/07 12:16 AM
We are all swapped out Hsbeach, it takes time for us all to accumulate stuff to swap.

We are always open to donations in the past, a few people who were leaving the island have contributed some great stuff that went to the swap.

Maybe you can catch the next one
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board