AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: cowboydad Rookies - 10/04/07 03:10 AM
Hello All, my wife and I are realizing a long held dream of visiting Belize. We were scheduled in September but some weather got in the way. We will arrive Oct 18 thru 23rd. We are beach bums and pool rats....not so much diving, probably snorkeling. We're staying at Ramon's, would rather hang with locals than do the "tourist" thing. I understand we are tourists but looking for advice. I see where not to rent golf carts...

Thanks,

Cowboydad
Posted By: Leah-Ann Re: Rookies - 10/04/07 03:13 AM
You're a quick study! smile

Be sure to hit the BBQ at BC's on Sunday - good mix of very friendly people.
Posted By: cowboydad Re: Rookies - 10/04/07 03:17 AM
that's what my wife says...ha ha
Posted By: Leah-Ann Re: Rookies - 10/04/07 03:18 AM
well, I hope she meant it in the best possible way! wink
Posted By: cowboydad Re: Rookies - 10/04/07 03:19 AM
absolutely
Posted By: travelqueen Re: Rookies - 10/04/07 03:19 AM
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Ya... there is that golf cart company!

For live music you should hit Fido's - either Fri. or Sat. and agree with Leah-Ann on the Sun. fun!
Posted By: cowboydad Re: Rookies - 10/04/07 03:20 AM
Fido's does look like fun...I like the part about "no shoes, no shirt, no problem"...our kinda place
Posted By: Leah-Ann Re: Rookies - 10/04/07 03:21 AM
eat before you go to Fido's - great music and drinks, but food is expensive and not that great - my opinion
Posted By: KC Jayhawk Re: Rookies - 10/04/07 03:32 AM
Monday nite at the Roadkill for hillbilly jam . . and across the street to Crazy Canuck's for the Punta Boys . . .good reggae/punta/island mix!! laugh
Posted By: Sir Isaac Newton Re: Rookies - 10/04/07 03:00 PM
The bars on the beach tend to be a bit touristy and pricey (but fun for visitors). For some true local flavor look up Barrel Bar (gotta meet Lu), Pedro's Inn, Los Cocos (rest.) or Jumping Frijoles.
Posted By: tacogirl Re: Rookies - 10/04/07 03:34 PM
cowboydad if you and your wife are into it, we can set up a wii bowling night at pedro's when you are here.

Ramons is a great spot to snorkel at the end of their dock. The fish like frozen peas someone tipped me off to that once, was fun feeding them.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board