AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: DCGirl Island-wide Phone Problems?? - 11/07/07 07:26 PM
Hi all,

Quick question: I have been trying to call from the U.S. to some friends on the island over the last 24 hours and have been having problems getting through. (Its usually not a problem.) Have there been problems with the phones there in the last day or so? I'm just trying to decide whether or not to worry.

Thanks!
Posted By: Portofino Re: Island-wide Phone Problems?? - 11/07/07 07:47 PM
It is a problem that keep re-occurring; see also this post:
//ambergriscaye.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=4&Number=234058
Sometimes calling through the operator helps - that is the quick solution BTL mechanics suggested to me.
Jan
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Island-wide Phone Problems?? - 11/07/07 08:37 PM
Very poor quality connections at present - I've had to abandon several calls to the mainland this morning, and that's using wired phones.
Posted By: ScubaLdy Re: Island-wide Phone Problems?? - 11/08/07 12:38 AM
For the past month the line service up north has been so off and on I can border on paranoia. I mean off for hours then mysteriously a call comes through and I again have a dial tone. When I talk to BTL they say "yes, we know we have a problem and they are working on it." Just part of living the good life. LOL
Posted By: beachbumin Re: Island-wide Phone Problems?? - 11/08/07 12:43 AM
No problems using digicell. Have been talking to the States two and three times a day for the last week.
Posted By: Kra-Z-K Re: Island-wide Phone Problems?? - 11/08/07 02:17 AM
as far as digicell there have been problems for some time. I personally can call out to the states from mine no problem. I can receive fine as well if someone calls me direct from their cell or landline in the US. If someone tries to use a calling card then call it does not go through, and this has been going on for some time.
Posted By: Laguna Punta Re: Island-wide Phone Problems?? - 11/08/07 03:59 AM
The coconut telegraph never fails.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board