AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: darrin fisher expats hangout - 01/24/08 03:42 AM
hey guys,

ill be down in a week and am wondering where the "special ones" who are living the dream hang out? if there such a place, is there a certain time that these hangouts take place? looking to pick some brains on alot of the particulars.

fish

trying to live the dream
Posted By: Anonymous Re: expats hangout - 01/24/08 05:33 AM
I've already answered this under your "wireless internet" post - Pedro's. Opens at 4pm, a good time to hang out there is just after dark.
Posted By: Dallas Dave Re: expats hangout - 01/24/08 06:17 AM
Crazy Canucks is cool in the evening, and BC's pretty much all of the time. Road Kill is fun as well....Casey and Dennis have a little brain left to pick. Oh..and great pizza at Pepperoni's just south of Canucks. Say hey to Dave for me...
Posted By: darrin fisher Re: expats hangout - 01/24/08 01:40 PM
i order from pepperonis everytime i am down. they are good.

when i am down there full time their lifestyle will definately improve, ill prolly keep em running in the slow season. lol

fish
Posted By: divingcowgirl Re: expats hangout - 01/24/08 03:05 PM
Hey Darrin,

True, Pedro's is a great place to go, as well as Crazy Canucks, Road Kill on Mondays and BC's all the time, but their Sunday BBQ is great! Also Wet Willies is nice and Fido's when they have a live band. Good luck w/ your house building and hope to run into yall down there. 26 more days and a bag drag for me!!
WWWWWHHHHOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!! I'll be at BC's on 20th of Feb. at 3:00!!!! (warning to the bartenders...... bring your ear-plugs)
Posted By: PalapaPappa Re: expats hangout - 01/24/08 03:53 PM
Don't froget about the North end of the Island
Palapa Bar and Grill over the Caribbean - great drinks, food and company. Also Sweet Basil, and Coc Loco's Beach Bar
Posted By: GAY AND DAVID Re: expats hangout - 01/24/08 03:53 PM
most special ones don't want to give up their secrets. they learned the hard way & they think you should pay as well. remember, everyone has an agenda.
this is not to be insulting, time is money - just like in the us
Posted By: Amanda Syme Re: expats hangout - 01/24/08 03:55 PM
Before Darrin begins to think that all ex-pats do is drink - there are many that attend the fitness center/tennis club. There are exercise machines for weight training, tao bo classes, water aerobics etc. There are crowds that dive and fish and lounge in the sun each day. And of course there are many that work in hotels, restaurants, dive shops etc.
Posted By: Sun&sand Re: expats hangout - 01/24/08 03:55 PM
16 more days for me, Divingcowgirl....can I hook up with you at BC's on the 20th? Ya know, it's my birthday, and I'll be there all alone! I'm looking forward to meetin ya!
Posted By: Sun&sand Re: expats hangout - 01/24/08 03:56 PM
Amanda, Where are the tao bo classes? I want to try to "get in shape" a bit while I'm there.....need help! (although, round is a shape, so I guess I'm sorta in shape!)
Posted By: divingcowgirl Re: expats hangout - 01/24/08 04:04 PM
Sure Sun&Sand! I'll be there at 3ish! No reason to spend your birthday alone! I'll buy ya a birthday drink!! Look for the loud mouth w/ a cowboy hat on. I ususally walk up to BC's and scream out WWWHHHHOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!! (hence the earplug remark) I look forward to meeting you also!

OH! I just posted my 1000th post!!!
WWHHHOOOOHOOOOO!!! (I know it's not a big deal,*shrugging*, I just thought I'd throw that out there!) laugh

Here's to a great week in paradise w/ friends, new and old!
Cheers!
Posted By: Sun&sand Re: expats hangout - 01/24/08 04:10 PM
OK, I'll look for the cowboy hat and the woohoo. 3ish sounds great! Can't wait. 16 and a bag drag....yipee.
Posted By: KC Jayhawk Re: expats hangout - 01/24/08 04:12 PM
Buckle your seatbelt, S&S!! You're in for a bumpy ride!! laugh
Posted By: Sun&sand Re: expats hangout - 01/24/08 04:14 PM
Too funny, KC. I can't wait. I am usually pretty quiet and calm when I'm on AC, but I think it's time I learned how to pick up the pace, and I think Divingcowgirl is the one to teach me! I will, of course, take a mouthfull of geritol prior to my arrival to BC's.
Posted By: Leah-Ann Re: expats hangout - 01/24/08 04:17 PM
S&S, you're going to need some practice staying up late! Last time I saw you, you were heading home just when the party was starting! wink
Posted By: divingcowgirl Re: expats hangout - 01/24/08 04:19 PM
:P KC! Oh, I can teach alright, but I'm far from being the master, oh grasshopper! Besides geritol, I'd suggest plenty of asprin too! laugh

S & S you going to Reapers dinner at BWG??
Posted By: Sun&sand Re: expats hangout - 01/24/08 04:20 PM
Yeah, I know, LA. HOping the geritol will kick in about the time the party starts...yawn....it's tough getting old. Never claimed to be able to run with the big dogs....but you hafta give me credit for trying.
Posted By: Sun&sand Re: expats hangout - 01/24/08 04:22 PM
Uhhuh, I'll be there for Reapers gathering. Wouldn't miss it! I have a huge bottle of Aspirin in the condo, so I should be ready!!
Posted By: Leah-Ann Re: expats hangout - 01/24/08 04:24 PM
You go girl! GIve it your best shot! smile
Posted By: divingcowgirl Re: expats hangout - 01/24/08 04:26 PM
smile Good deal! I'll be down in 26 days! Come on Feb!! Got the dive gear packed and sitting on my freezer at the back door!
Posted By: Sun&sand Re: expats hangout - 01/24/08 04:29 PM
I'm gonna give it my best shot. I will try to make you proud!
Posted By: travelqueen Re: expats hangout - 01/24/08 05:13 PM
S&S, I'll be down the 14th and will buy you one! I know Sat. the 16th there will be some planned bar-hopping going on (butyoudidnthearthisfromme) so hope you will come!

See you soon!
Posted By: Islenutt Re: expats hangout - 01/24/08 05:33 PM
I'll be there as well Sun&Sand. Looks like a party at BC's!
smile
Posted By: Sun&sand Re: expats hangout - 01/24/08 05:46 PM
Yay...partaaayy....I get there on the 10th. I will be all rested up and ready to play by the 16th. To borrow a line from my idol...."WOOOHOOOO!"
Posted By: divingcowgirl Re: expats hangout - 01/24/08 05:53 PM
LOL!! Watch out for that WWHHHOOOOOHOOOOO yelling S&S! It has been known to stir up a primal urge in the "not-so-experienced party persons" .... causing them to drink massive quantities of Belikin beer, Panty Rippers and Rum Punches, while waving their arms in the air and dancing around like no one is watching...

A few have taken on the "curse of the blue drink" but in my most humble of experiences... I say DON'T go toward the blue drink! laugh
Posted By: Sun&sand Re: expats hangout - 01/24/08 05:58 PM
Too funny,DCG. I know all about the dreaded "Blue Drink" stuff. Hubby had one about 25 years ago, and proposed to me immediately after. Those blue drinks can get ya in trouble!
Posted By: KC Jayhawk Re: expats hangout - 01/24/08 06:04 PM
After having seen what blue drinks do to DCG, getting proposed to will not be a problem for her!! Finding where she is staying might be, tho!!
Posted By: Nova Re: expats hangout - 01/24/08 06:07 PM
Just so everyone knows - I'm just coming to help Spurs behave - she needs someone to be a good influence and keep her out of trouble and I'm just the one for the job! laugh
Posted By: Ernie B Re: expats hangout - 01/24/08 06:13 PM
OMG ! Now the fox is watching the chickins smile
Posted By: divingcowgirl Re: expats hangout - 01/24/08 06:21 PM
LOL!!! Nuts, you can watch over me any day! But I best warn ya, I've been known to bring a few over to the "dark side"! Hope you have a strong will.... (and a stomach to go with it!)
Posted By: Sun&sand Re: expats hangout - 01/24/08 06:23 PM
Should I be afraid??? Very afraid???
Posted By: divingcowgirl Re: expats hangout - 01/24/08 06:29 PM
Well, in the words of the informed... *YES!!!!!*

LOL!!! Eh, as in the imortal words of (I don't know who said it first) F*** 'em if they can't take a joke, and feed them fish heads!

My philosophy is: Life is too short, enjoy it while you can. Hang with the ones that make you laugh and smile.
Posted By: Sun&sand Re: expats hangout - 01/24/08 06:32 PM
You are right, spurs....I am so looking forward to meeting you. You sound like you will keep it interesting, and busy!
Posted By: dogmatic prevaricator Re: expats hangout - 01/24/08 06:42 PM
I know Belikin gives you superpowers. If you drink sixty of them in one sitting you can make the island spin around just by thinking about it twice.
Posted By: azbob Re: expats hangout - 01/24/08 06:52 PM
OK,OK, your ladies are making me change my reservations. I was coming down on 3/3, but now I'd be crazy to miss this party. I only wish I could. Enjoy yourself, but leave some of the town for me!
Posted By: divingcowgirl Re: expats hangout - 01/24/08 06:57 PM
Right on both accounts!

I'm looking forward to meeting you as well! It's hard to believe that a little over a year ago I joined the message board. I now have friends from all walks of life and on every coast and in between. From Canada to Belize as well.....

One thing will be for sure.... it WILL be fun!

(now, if I can just find my cowboy hat and shades!)
Posted By: mrockl Re: expats hangout - 01/24/08 06:58 PM
Could a few more face the initiation? We'll be down 7 thru 17. I got in pretty big trouble once drinking Labatts Blue....
Posted By: divingcowgirl Re: expats hangout - 01/24/08 07:02 PM
Awww AZ.....you can make a change!!! It's going to be a HOOT, I can grant you that much! I'll TRY and leave some of the town un-scathed.

And Dog, how right you are!!
Posted By: darrin fisher Re: expats hangout - 01/25/08 01:46 AM
hey thanks guys.

i plan on being at pedros on friday night and at bc`s on sunday for the que. the rest ill play by ear but well be all over the island and hope to meet most of you.

fish
Posted By: Amanda Syme Re: expats hangout - 01/25/08 01:46 PM
Tae bo is at the San Pedro Family Fitness Center. I don't know the hours but have tons of friends that go.
Posted By: Sun&sand Re: expats hangout - 01/25/08 02:30 PM
Do they have a beginners class? I mean, VERY beginners?
Posted By: Keepin'itReel Re: expats hangout - 01/25/08 08:31 PM
hey darrin, just as an aside, a cool hangout where quite a few expats make their way thru daily is Island Perk a cute and breezy outdoor coffee bar (which also serves beers, etc) right across from Fidos on front street - also, if you are in town and need a quick internet fix you can swing by the office of Coral Beach Realty, just down the street from Island Perk, across from the RC Church ~ we have wireless and we'll be happy to help you out! ~ Ari
Posted By: darrin fisher Re: expats hangout - 01/26/08 03:40 AM
hey thanks so much, ill be sure to come by and meet you, ari, internet or not. my wife will be mucho pleased to hear of the island perk. she is a coffee lover. i dont drink it personally, you can only have one bad vice, lol.

fish
Posted By: KC Jayhawk Re: expats hangout - 01/26/08 04:19 AM
Slacker!! laugh
Posted By: darrin fisher Re: expats hangout - 01/26/08 03:33 PM
lol, yea thats me, but i wear that one with pride.....

id think most of the expats living there were told that at one point or another. everyone around here who knows what my plans are think i have a liftime pass on the hamster wheel.

i hope to reduce my vices by one (work) and add a couple more when i get there.

fish
Posted By: Keepin'itReel Re: expats hangout - 01/26/08 09:11 PM
looking forward to it darrin! have a nice trip down and cu soon wink
Posted By: tacogirl Re: expats hangout - 01/26/08 10:06 PM
Island Perk is so yum - we drink coffee frappe's they also make a great lime slush type drink
Posted By: travelqueen Re: expats hangout - 01/26/08 11:57 PM
Yes, great drinks indeed! Love that place - wish they were open on Sundays! frown
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board