AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Cueball White Sands Cove - 02/23/08 09:17 PM
I have read all the reviews from travelers on this and other sites, but I wanted a person who lives on the island to give me their impression of White Sands Cove.
Is the beach crushed coral or real sand? Any "behind the scenes" info from someone unconnected with the resort?
Any help in making this decision will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Posted By: SP Daily Re: White Sands Cove - 02/24/08 12:09 AM
Real sand, nice place
Posted By: SimonB Re: White Sands Cove - 02/24/08 01:27 AM
I stopped by yesterday and the place looks great, lots of upgrades. Nice bar by the pool, all new paint scheme, very impressed.
Posted By: Cueball Re: White Sands Cove - 02/24/08 02:07 AM
Thanks guys. It's nice to hear from people on the island. Anyone else have a take on this place?
Posted By: clone3309 Re: White Sands Cove - 02/24/08 04:06 AM
I got back form AC on Feb. 2. I was staying at a place called the Cocotal Inn and Cabanas, right beside the White Sands. The Cocotal is a lovely small new place. While staying there we booked all of our tours through the White Sands, including Lamanai, snorkeling, and fishing. The island ferry also uses the White Sands pier as one of thier stops. The White Sands is also only 2 miles from town, only a 15 minute bike ride. The people at White Sands were excellent. They treated us as if we were one of their guests. We ended up meeting quite a few people that were staying at the White Sands and everyone loved the place. The White Sands and the Cocotal both have lovely sandy beaches. Some of the best I saw on AC(rememeber that there is alot of seagrass beyond the beach) The reef is not far away so we ended up renting a kayak from the White Sands($10/day) and rowed out to the reef to snorkel and fish. They also have a dive shop if you are into scuba. Hope this helps.
Posted By: Cueball Re: White Sands Cove - 02/24/08 04:57 AM
yes it does help. Thank you so much for taking the time to share that info!
Posted By: CaseWork Re: White Sands Cove - 02/24/08 07:23 PM
I'm very new to this forum and this is my first post. Hope it works! I don't live on the island yet, but my husband and I purchased there last fall and hope to soon. My first trip to AC was 2003 and I stayed at White Sands Cove. It was wonderful: just far enough away from town to have privacy, yet close enough to offer great exercise getting there. When there a few months ago, I noticed many upgrades happening at White Sands and with the new ownership and management, I think you would enjoy it as much as I did.
Posted By: Gridguy Re: White Sands Cove - 02/24/08 08:02 PM
White sands continues to just get better. We have stayed there 3 times and it always a great memory. The staff (which includes the owners!) is first class.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board