AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: deadserious Aerial Photos - 03/18/08 09:40 PM
I would like to get a good set of recent hi-res Aerial Photos of the island. Does anyone know where I could get some? If not, is there someone who I could pay to take me up for photos?

Ideally I would like a full set of images of the island, south tip to north looking from a west-southwest to east-northeast direction.
Posted By: reaper Re: Aerial Photos - 03/18/08 09:47 PM
Tropic Air
Maya Island Air
Astrum Helicopters
Javier's Flying Service
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Aerial Photos - 03/18/08 09:54 PM
Where are you? I have recent photos taken by one of the skydivers for me, but of course if they're emailed a lot of the res will be lost.
Posted By: Amanda Syme Re: Aerial Photos - 03/18/08 10:07 PM
You can buy the ikonos aerial shots. google it. I am not sure on the costs but not cheap.
Posted By: deadserious Re: Aerial Photos - 03/19/08 05:02 PM
Thanks Pedro. I am in Las Vegas but will be there May 10th-18th. I'll swing by and take a peek at the images if that's ok with you.

Reaper, Thakns for the charter options.

And Amanda, I will look into ikonos. If the detail is high enough and recent enough, I'd be ok spending some money, but I obviously can't spend 10k on something like this. But I'll look into it.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Aerial Photos - 03/19/08 07:38 PM
What do you want the photos for?
Posted By: deadserious Re: Aerial Photos - 03/19/08 07:48 PM
To help decide which sections of the island I want to flatten first for my new 6 story golf cart parking garage.
Posted By: KC Jayhawk Re: Aerial Photos - 03/19/08 07:51 PM
Well okay then . . .so long as it's not to help plan your surgical air strike!!
Posted By: GBZ39 Re: Aerial Photos - 03/19/08 08:57 PM
Deadserious.....I belive you can only go up 3 stories. That might screw up your financials.
Posted By: deadserious Re: Aerial Photos - 03/19/08 09:07 PM
I think you can go up 4 further south or north.

But that's ok. I'm going up 6 anyway. It's doesn't matter to me so long as I can remove some mangroves in the process.
Posted By: sunandsand Re: Aerial Photos - 03/19/08 09:13 PM
snicker...
Posted By: CeeSF Re: Aerial Photos - 03/19/08 09:25 PM
If you can't go up, think "underground"
Posted By: 2MILESNORTHOFCUT Re: Aerial Photos - 03/19/08 09:53 PM
I'm going up 12 stories on my Parking towers, Who's gonna stop me, The message board delete-me team? Ha. smirk laugh
Posted By: SP Daily Re: Aerial Photos - 03/19/08 09:57 PM
The Belize Defence Forces Air Wing!!!
Posted By: PalapaBob Re: Aerial Photos - 03/19/08 09:57 PM
Discounted parking permits if we get in early on the project?
Posted By: suecate Re: Aerial Photos - 03/19/08 10:07 PM
time share spots
Posted By: 2MILESNORTHOFCUT Re: Aerial Photos - 03/20/08 10:05 PM
Mine will be Built to USA Survival Bunker Specifications. Those little bdf pee shooters will probably miss the target anyway ;p blush

Oh Crap, If they miss the Towers they might just mistakenly hit our place next door eek Glad It is also solid "Bulletproof" Concrete too. cool
Posted By: klcman Re: Aerial Photos - 03/21/08 12:05 AM
If they miss your garage, Tim's new project may be in jeopardy!

Or, perhaps, you could paint a bullseye on the roof of that property to your immediate South wink
Posted By: 2MILESNORTHOFCUT Re: Aerial Photos - 03/21/08 10:47 PM
Good Idea KLC, That will fool um!! I hope the guy next door has his insurance paid up to date.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board