AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: 6string New Vo-tech school - 05/06/08 02:54 PM
Hello, I just heard that funding has been made available for a new vocational (post high school) technical school to be built in SP. Wow, that is terrific news and will be no doubt a huge opportunity for local kids. Does anyone have more details about the curriculum and location of the school? I heard electricity/electrician training was one of the courses. Just curious being in Higher Education, I love to hear things like this.

Posted By: SimonB Re: New Vo-tech school - 05/06/08 03:17 PM
Suprising considering the land is owned by TMM and is slated for development. The newspaper had indicated that it would be down by the WASA plant.
Posted By: Amanda Syme Re: New Vo-tech school - 05/06/08 03:30 PM
It's slated to be built by the BWS water plant - beside the Crocodile Lake. Construction would be next year with classes beginning in 2010.
Posted By: CB Belize Re: New Vo-tech school - 05/06/08 08:30 PM
were exactly would this be built leaving town on the right side of the road (same side of wasa plant) or on the opposite side of the road????
Posted By: Amanda Syme Re: New Vo-tech school - 05/06/08 08:39 PM
Between the road and Crocodile lake. That strip of land. You can see where it has been newly surveyed.

Posted By: collyk Re: New Vo-tech school - 05/06/08 11:04 PM
Just one little correction. WASA doesnt' exist anymore. The plant is owned and operated by Consolidated Water Belize Ltd., who produce the water.

The storage facility next door is owned by Belize Water Services Ltd., who distribute the water.
Posted By: 6string Re: New Vo-tech school - 05/07/08 03:24 PM
Thanks for the info... does anyone know anything about the curriculum?
Posted By: SimonB Re: New Vo-tech school - 05/07/08 03:54 PM
"Just one little correction. WASA doesnt' exist anymore."

Yeah, but we still call Barrier Reef Drive Front Street, Pescador Drive Middle Street and whatever the name of Back Street is Back Street. Just a point of reference.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board