AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: merc Best place to get fresh fish and lobster? - 07/09/08 05:41 PM
We heard that the best place to buy shrimp is at the distributor and that for fish and lobsters, we should check out the fishing boats behind back street?
Posted By: DonnaR Re: Best place to get fresh fish and lobster? - 07/09/08 10:44 PM
I just got home from AC on Sunday. I got fresh fish and lobster on the lagoon side ( behind back street), but you have to get there EARLY. I typically got there at about 6am-7am. I got some great deals on the grouper fillets and lobster. Good luck
If you see a darker skinned thin guy with shoulder length curly hair and a ball cap riding a bike with a blue and white ice chest on it (Arquel) flag him down.

Sometimes he has grouper, sometimes lobter, sometimes shrimp, one time fresh stone crab claws, etc. Always good, always fresh. Make sure you count the tails though!

And if you see anyone coming off a dock lugging 5 gal. white buckets, flag them down. Have snagged some awesome stone crab claws that way.
Posted By: merc Re: Best place to get fresh fish and lobster? - 07/09/08 11:40 PM
I'm going to be there at 6:30 tomorrow morning. What is a good price for lobster and grouper(or other fish) fillets?
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board