AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: teddy Golf carts - 09/17/08 05:36 PM
We're visiting for the first time and very excited, I might add. Does anybody have a preference company for a 4 seater golf cart rental? There seems to be many but most don't post their rates!! We're looking to save money so that we can do some tours...And speaking of tours, any suggestions for snorkeling, cave tubing. You also have alot of tour operators.... Any specials for off season? Thanks
Posted By: *I Do* Belize Weddings Re: Golf carts - 09/17/08 05:51 PM
The rates do not vary too much. Here is a rate sheet
//ambergriscaye.com/islandgolfcarts/
Posted By: 2Aggies Re: Golf carts - 09/17/08 05:53 PM
Teddy - leaving in 10 days. I have priced and the best posted rates are @220 U.S.$ for 7 days from Crystal and Island Tours. I have been told in private mail that during low season you can wait until you get there and "negotiate" a little better rate, especially for cash. Our 1st trip to the caye (been to the mainland) so I have not verified. Everyone seems to be negotiable somewhat as long as you are reasonable. They do have to make a living. We are waiting to see how getting around on a bike looks and may try to reduce the emmissions. Not a good option for the cart rental folks, but we try to be green when possible and hope to preserve the island serenity.
Also have had it mentioned to share with someone if you find someone you think would be compatable. If we rent we will offer rides to locals when passing them and I understand the kids love to hitch a ride.
Same thing to tours during low season. Some things we have discovered are closed, but there are plenty of options and we are going to book after arrival. Hope this helps a little.
Posted By: *I Do* Belize Weddings Re: Golf carts - 09/17/08 05:55 PM
That is about right. On average you'll find advertised rates $250 US for a week
Posted By: sweetjane Re: Golf carts - 09/17/08 05:59 PM
there have been some issues in the past with island/crystal carts. you might want to run a search to read. i personally will not use them.

*i-do* is right, many outfits are about the same in pricing.

our last 2 trips we used Castle Cars, and got a rate of (around $244 for the week. everything on the cart worked. no problems. they'll deliver and pick up wherever you want. they are always very easy to work with, respond quickly to emails, and always smile. cool
Posted By: Loansum-Al K Re: Golf carts - 09/17/08 06:26 PM
Before we bought our own cart we used Cholo's for years. Extremely nice people and very accomodating.
Posted By: azbob Re: Golf carts - 09/17/08 06:33 PM
Agree with sweetjane, Castle Cart was great work with and no issues arose. You must remember to lock out your steering wheel and take the ignition key. Carts are occasionally stolen and there is no additional insurance so you are responsible.
Posted By: *I Do* Belize Weddings Re: Golf carts - 09/17/08 06:46 PM
occasionally...hmmm??
just joking and being funny.
Posted By: hollandboy Re: Golf carts - 09/17/08 07:18 PM
Talk to Cholos, your wallet will be happy....
Used them for years now and no complaints.
Posted By: 2Aggies Re: Golf carts - 09/17/08 07:30 PM
SJ - thanks for the heads up. I have been reading this board for several months and trust most of what is said here. We have found listening to the regulars or locals prevents us from having problems. We'll talk to Castle when we get there. I enjoyed your trip report, your boys looked like they were having a good time. Lucky guys.
Posted By: CindyF Re: Golf carts - 09/17/08 07:41 PM
I agree - Castle Cars is a good choice...
http://castlecarsbelize.com/

Posted By: terrielinn Re: Golf carts - 09/17/08 07:44 PM
We have used Cholos and have been very happy. We did have issues with one cart and it was rapidly remedied for us. No prob!

© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board