AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Warpspeed Looking for a bakery for a birthday cake - 11/10/08 10:56 AM
Hello, My wife and I, as well as several of our friends, will be visiting Ambergris Caye arriving December 26, 2008. We have heard several good things about Ambergris Caye and are excited about this trip. This trip is also to celebrate my wife's 50th birthday on December 27, 2008. I am hoping to surprise her with a birthday cake. I am looking for suggestions regarding bakeries.

Thank you,
David
Check with the Hummingbird Cafe or the Seaduced Office. Rebecca (of Tabu) is still doing cakes. She made mine for my 50th birthday party and it was gorgeous. 011-501-226-2254
Have to agree with Shuffles...Rebecca's cakes are both tasty and beautiful!
I agree to had Rebecca's cakes many a time for cake parties and they are yum.
Amy from Wild Mango's also makes really great birthday cakes. I have had them several times very yummy!!
Thank you all for your responses. I will follow up on your suggestions to make sure there is a cake for my wife on her Birthday.

While on the birthday subject, any suggestions on restaurants. Are reservations suggested? There is going to be 9 of us.

Thanks again,
David

Posted By: GwenA Re: Looking for a bakery for a birthday cake - 11/12/08 02:14 PM
Restaurants are easy. Every Islander is a restaurant reviewer. Get a "Hot Guide" when you go through the airport for phone numbers. Nine people need a reservation. Just make sure you ask people that aren't paid to recommend certain restaurants. Wild Mango, Bluewater Grill, and Victoria House are all up scale. Locals like Estelles for breakfast and lunch, but there are many more local dives. People also like to take a romantic boatride up Island for Portofino and Capricorn. Book a week ahead for Christmas eve...Gwen
Hidden Treasures also does a great job and can provide the cake too. Had a 50th Bday party for a colleague there in July. Great food, service and atmosphere.
Thank you for all of your replies. I now have a little over a month to do my homework and get every thing arranged. We live in New England and are heading for winter. All my wife wanted this year is to wake up on her birthday in a warm climent and go SCUBA diving. So far that part is done. Now to get the birthday part done. Any more suggestions out there would be appreciated.

Thank you,
David
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board