AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: rubyd US Notary - 02/21/09 02:42 AM
Hi all,

I am in the need of a US Notary. If anyone is out there.......
Thanks, Karen
Posted By: SP Daily Re: US Notary - 02/21/09 02:49 AM
Go to the US Embassy
Posted By: rubyd Re: US Notary - 02/21/09 03:01 AM
Thanks
Posted By: Short Re: US Notary - 02/21/09 03:42 AM
We do have an American CPA on Ambergris Caye, but I can say from my personal experience that honesty and integrity are not amongst his highest priorities.
Posted By: pamkillen Re: US Notary - 02/21/09 01:20 PM
Michael Young attorney in Belize City is a notary
Posted By: Diane Campbell Re: US Notary - 02/21/09 01:46 PM
Regarding Michael Young being a notary - he's a Belizean notary not a US notary. If you need a US notary you will find one at the US Embassy in Belmopan as noted by Jesse.

Posted By: pamkillen Re: US Notary - 02/21/09 01:55 PM
Very odd. His notary signature has always been accepted by my US banks. I will check it out
Posted By: Amanda Syme Re: US Notary - 02/21/09 02:37 PM
There is a US notary that visits the island on a very frequent basis. If she is in town she always brings her stamp and register.

In most cases the US will NOT accept a Belizean notary seal you do need a US notary.

Call me on monday at my office and I will be able to tell you if she is here.

Is there a US notary reading this board right now that is on the island armed with your seal and register????

Posted By: AT602 Re: US Notary - 02/21/09 03:18 PM
Couples of years back I needed a US notary. I explained to my attroney that was pretty much impossible as I was in Belize. I told them we had attroneys and JP's. I ended up getting a stamp from an attroney. It all worked out then. But it wouldn't hurt to ask.
Posted By: 1bzman Re: US Notary - 02/22/09 01:54 PM
The only reason a notary is even nessesary in the US is to verify that who signed the document is who he says he is. Nothing to do with the document itself.
I do know that if there is someone in the US that will verify or someone that is familiar with your signature a local JP or Atty. will be all you need.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board