AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Hibiscus81 First Trip - Should we skip Cayo? - 04/12/09 09:50 PM
Hi Everyone, I am new here and will be in Belize in less than 2 weeks. We are there for 8 nights, and the first 3 nights I have reservations at a jungle lodge. I'm thinking about canceling the reservations and just heading straight to Ambergris for the entire 8 nights. Considering the bugs and heat in the jungle, the cost of transfers and tours, and I'm just kind of in need of some relaxing beach and snorkel time, has me thinking about changing our plans. What do you recommend, is the jungle something that is really worth seeing? Thanks for any advice!
Posted By: KC Jayhawk Re: First Trip - Should be skip Cayo? - 04/12/09 09:52 PM
There is more to Belize than AC . .but, if it were my first trip . .I would head for the island.
Posted By: catdance62 Re: First Trip - Should be skip Cayo? - 04/12/09 09:54 PM
funny, it was our 8th trip to Belize before we went to AC!!
But we are partial to Placencia area and Cayo. I really like the jungle, but it definitely isn't everyones cup of tea.
Posted By: Sergio Torres Re: First Trip - Should be skip Cayo? - 04/13/09 03:08 PM
Sounds like you already decided you want sun and sea so I suggest you go to AC and just take a day trip to Cayo
Posted By: sweetjane Re: First Trip - Should be skip Cayo? - 04/13/09 03:28 PM
Originally Posted by KC Jayhawk
There is more to Belize than AC . .but, if it were my first trip . .I would head for the island.

...says the guy who never saw cayo! (kc - u know i love you!)

seriously, no one else took the other side, so i will (a bad habit).

i did the surf & turf my first trip, and loved it. i love cayo, and over the years returned twice more. but as stated, it isnt for everyone.

in my opinion, it is worth it if you have a few tours planned (xunantunich, rio frio, atm....and so forth). ps - while the jungle has a lot of insects, it does NOT (in my 3 trips) really have mosquitoes.

when i go, i plan it the same way - 3 nites jungle first, then 5 nights relaxing by the reef.

to each his own, just giving the other view. either way you decide, you will have a great trip!
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board