AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: DitchDocDiver Poly Clinic, ACER and SAGA - 10/23/09 05:34 PM
Need donations! We have collected several thousands of dollars worth of medical equipment, and need paypal donations to get it to Belize and purchase addtional items! Please consider a donation to: acerbelize at gmail.com via Paypal.

This will support the Poly Clinic, ACER and SAGA

I depart Oct 31, so this is time critical!

Any amount helps! Thanks
Posted By: DitchDocDiver Re: Poly Clinic, ACER and SAGA - 10/24/09 04:25 AM
I just ordered a bunch more supplies... I would hate to have to return this stuff....

$10us a person (or more if you can afford it) sure would help!
Posted By: Amanda Syme Re: Poly Clinic, ACER and SAGA - 10/24/09 04:19 PM
Me and hubby will donate $20 - but I have to figure out how to use our paypal account. He usually does those payments.
Posted By: DitchDocDiver Re: Poly Clinic, ACER and SAGA - 10/24/09 07:40 PM
Thank you, Thank you, thank you!!! cool

Originally Posted by Amanda Syme
Me and hubby will donate $20 - but I have to figure out how to use our paypal account. He usually does those payments.
Posted By: DitchDocDiver Re: Poly Clinic, ACER and SAGA - 10/24/09 07:41 PM
We have collected a large number of medical supplies for Belize.

ACER always has a need for more medical supplies.

Our current collection will arrive Oct 31st, and will be donated to Ambergris Caye Emergency Rescue (ACER), The Poly Clinic and SAGA.

Some may ask why such a broad mix of places? Good question!

As we collect supplies for ACER, we have also been offered medical supplies that may not fit in the ACER mix, but would be very well received by one of the other two organizations. (Example: home nebulizer really won't do the team much good, but for a local family with someone that has asthma, this could be a life and death device!)

We also may have some access to some meds that are recently expired, that the clinic couldn't use but SAGA may be able to.

Make sense? Cool... have questions, drop us an email or a PM, we're here to help!

We GREATLY appreciate your assistance!

Donate if you can, please! Paypal acerbelize at gmail.com or hit the donate button at the right side of our blog: http://acerbelize.blogspot.com/
Posted By: DitchDocDiver Re: Poly Clinic, ACER and SAGA - 10/25/09 01:40 AM
I just received word of a very nice anonymous donation for the cause. The wish of the giver was to remain anonymous, and it will be.

For the people of Ambergris Caye, Thank You!
Posted By: Amanda Syme Re: Poly Clinic, ACER and SAGA - 10/25/09 04:25 AM
That is great to hear - thanks to the donor - every little bit helps that's for sure.
Posted By: Luvinlife Re: Poly Clinic, ACER and SAGA - 10/25/09 05:21 AM
kudo's to the generous donor. YAY!!
Posted By: DitchDocDiver Re: Poly Clinic, ACER and SAGA - 10/25/09 05:25 AM
Not to discount ANY of the doners, they are all GREAT! I hope that they will post here, just so everyone can help me thank them, but if the don't want to, thats fine by me!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by DitchDocDiver
I just received word of a very nice anonymous donation for the cause. The wish of the giver was to remain anonymous, and it will be.

For the people of Ambergris Caye, Thank You!
Posted By: catdance62 Re: Poly Clinic, ACER and SAGA - 10/25/09 05:41 PM
I just donated. BTW, my Paypal name is different than my name here.
Posted By: jaxjags64109 Re: Poly Clinic, ACER and SAGA - 10/25/09 05:46 PM
My wife and I are glad to help. Thanks for the the blog information that made donating very easy.

We will be in SP on 11/6/09 and counting the days!!
Posted By: DitchDocDiver Re: Poly Clinic, ACER and SAGA - 10/25/09 07:44 PM
Wow!

The donations are still trickling in, it's not to late, YOU can make a difference! Keep an eye on the blog once we land to see pics of the stuff that you are helping with.

I was blown away by a very nice donation , and all the smaller ones also. It all adds up and helps the cause.

I hope this will be the first of many loads of medical items and with your support it will be!

Thanks again!

Donate if you can, please!

Paypal acerbelize at gmail.com

or hit the donate button at the right side of our blog:

http://acerbelize.blogspot.com/
Posted By: DitchDocDiver Re: Poly Clinic, ACER and SAGA - 10/25/09 07:47 PM
You are very welcome, but you are the ones that made the donation. I hope we can meet, I arrive Oct 31, will be teaching CPR / First Aid on several different locations and dates. Stay tuned to the blog for more info.

Originally Posted by jaxjags64109
My wife and I are glad to help. Thanks for the the blog information that made donating very easy.

We will be in SP on 11/6/09 and counting the days!!
Posted By: DitchDocDiver Re: Poly Clinic, ACER and SAGA - 10/25/09 07:48 PM
Thank you! For the people of Ambergris Caye, a huge thank you!

Originally Posted by catdance62
I just donated. BTW, my Paypal name is different than my name here.
Posted By: DitchDocDiver Re: Poly Clinic, ACER and SAGA - 10/26/09 02:33 AM
Thanks to these donors and a few additional anonymous donors.

I'd love to put your name here, but won't without your permission.

Amanda Syme
catdance62
jaxjags64109
Your name here

Thanks again!

Paypal: acerbelize at gmail.com (darn spam bots, goot do thing to help keep them at bay)

Posted By: DitchDocDiver Re: Poly Clinic, ACER and SAGA - 10/27/09 01:24 AM
We have gathered some more supplies, and hope we can get them down there Oct 31st, this SATURDAY.

Many have already donated but the need is still there.

Just think about it, donate today, and it can make a difference before the week is over.

Paypal: acerbelize at gmail.com (darn spam bots, gotta do things to help keep them at bay)

Posted By: DitchDocDiver Re: Poly Clinic, ACER and SAGA - 10/28/09 07:44 PM
Another nice donation... actually everyone is nice!
Thanks
Dita and Rambo
You all ROCK!

Originally Posted by DitchDocDiver
Thanks to these donors and a few additional anonymous donors.

I'd love to put your name here, but won't without your permission.

Amanda Syme
catdance62
jaxjags64109
Your name here

Thanks again!We GREATLY appreciate your assistance!

Paypal: acerbelize at gmail.com (darn spam bots, things to help keep them at bay)

Posted By: Amanda Syme Re: Poly Clinic, ACER and SAGA - 10/28/09 08:56 PM
Yeah Dita and Rambo - thanks. And jaxjag and catdance. Thanks guys.
Posted By: DitchDocDiver Re: Poly Clinic, ACER and SAGA - 10/29/09 04:51 AM
For those on the fence on if this stuff is real, take a look in the pictures post area. The nebulizers (for asthma or breathing problems) weigh about 5 lbs each and we have collected 9 so far.

The CPAPs are for severe congestive heart failure (CHF) and/or acute pulmonary edema are caused by acute left ventricular failure, resulting in pulmonary congestion. Most commonly these conditions are the result of myocardial infarction, diffuse infection, opiate poisoning, inhalation of toxic gases, and severe over-hydration. Pulmonary edema is typically characterized by shortness of breath, cough, anxiety, cyanosis, diaphoresis, rales and/or wheezing.

Lots of other stuff including suture removal equipment, neb kits, c-collars, gloves, etc.

If you are on the fence, if I am real, ask Tacogirl, on my first trip down I brought a bunch of stuff for the library and also the school.

Your donations will help use get this stuff on the island where it is sorely needed and also purchase additional supplies.

Paypal: acerbelize at gmail.com (darn spam bots, gotta do things to help keep them at bay)

Posted By: DitchDocDiver Re: Poly Clinic, ACER and SAGA - 10/30/09 05:13 PM
I just bought a case of neb kits, and will bring as many as I can down. These connect to the power units, and complete the package. Without these is kinda like getting a toy with no batteries!

Your donations are helping!

donate via paypal [email protected]
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board