AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Received this from a friend:

We will be paying our respects and making a statement on behalf of all the dogs that were lost yesterday and those still fighting for thier lives. I have neighbours on both sides of me who are grieving the deaths of more than one each. Thankfully ours was spared. Im sure any of you who have ever had a pet understand how devasting this can be, especially when it was in such a painful and cruel way like this. We would like to get the word out to as many people as possible to attend tonight at the bridge at 530 with candles or flash lights and flowers if you like (perhaps and umbrella too).
To my knowledge, 6 family dogs were killed.
Please Hold a candle for me Amanda, If I were there I'd be at your side and with all those Family's that are in grief. Many many of us on this board would definitely understand their pain. What a heartbreak they must be going through.As bad as it was, I can only hope that there are not other animals , that no-one has found yet, that are a victim of this Bastard(s)
I sure hope they find the jerk who did this. Please know our hearts are with you all.
Our hearts and prayers go out to everyone. It is hard to imagine the extent of human cruelty. I hope they find this person and he is prosecuted.
Sorry I missed posting this yesterday, my heart goes out to all of these dog owners. The only upside to this tragedy is the wonderful sense of community I can see exists on this island. It's inspiring.
It was also good to see SAGA and the Animal Hospital working together. Let's hope that precedent can continue.
The loss of these family members is heartbreaking. I hope the individual who is responsible for the death of these animals never does this again. They really should be punished if they can be located.

I could not imagine what it would be like to lose one of my dogs due to any cause...they are my children.
Posted By: Phil Re: Pet memorial this afternoon 31st Jan 2010 - 02/04/10 01:57 AM
Originally Posted by Peter Jones
It was also good to see SAGA and the Animal Hospital working together. Let's hope that precedent can continue.

It wasn't a precedent, but I agree otherwise.
Reward now stands at $2000 for information leading to the capture and conviction of the criminal that did this. The NAC NW offered $500 and people have been adding to it.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board