AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: beached First Timer - 05/11/10 09:28 PM
September will be the first time for us to AC. Have been gong to Isla Mujeres for many many years - time for a new "place". I know the time is not perfect, hurricanes, rain etc - but we are making the trip anyway - we go the no reservation route, no high mainenance here - just help a couple of old bach bums out - tell me the weather will be good at least part of the day!
Posted By: Diane Campbell Re: First Timer - 05/11/10 09:39 PM
Weather will probably be fine - just don't make a heavy schedule and roll with whatever happens.

Most island restaurants will be closed, but a couple of local eateries will be open - in particular El Fogon, which is solid good home-cooked local fare.

There will be celebrations on the 10th and 21st. Other than that it will be a very quiet time. As an old timer to the region you will probably get a kick out of super-sleepy season.

Posted By: tortuga.chica Re: First Timer - 05/11/10 11:13 PM
Just curious...What celebrations are you referring to? I'll be returning 09/03 to 09/14. I am looking forward to a very laid-back stay.
Posted By: beached Re: First Timer - 05/12/10 12:23 AM
Heavy Schedule?? Like the name implies - beached. On Isla Mujeres the low season is probably similar- lots of closed places but the beach is open!
Posted By: Diane Campbell Re: First Timer - 05/12/10 01:38 PM
September Celebrations. St. George's Caye day on the 10th.
Independence Day on the 21st. These are the two biggest national holidays in Belize.

Parades etc lead up to the celebrations, lots of activities in the days between the holidays.
Posted By: Barbara K Re: First Timer - 05/12/10 03:49 PM
Sept is great in Belize - that's when the locals get to party!
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board