AmbergrisCaye.com Home
I will arrive in town on 11-05 and be looking to find a place for long term rental. Does anyone have any ideas of who to contact? I will leave on 11-12 to wrap up a few loose ends in the states and return 11-29.
Click on the "Lodging" section here on AC.com. Or click on the "San Pedro Daily" at the top left of this page. Then go to the classifieds.
Hi please contact me at my email below and let me know what the detail are of your search (location, size, price range) and I will get you some choices to consider!
oops my email isn't below duh - it's [email protected]
Originally Posted by AriTrejo
Hi please contact me at my email below and let me know what the detail are of your search (location, size, price range) and I will get you some choices to consider!
Email sent
What does everyone use for cell phones there. I checked with my carrier today they want $ 2.89 a minute to call back to the US. Can you get a pre paid phone there and get a better rate?
Do a search has been discussed many times. Short answer, bring and unlocked phone, buy a local sim card and minutes and use to call the states. Lat time I checked was abbout $.25 a minute.
In order to have mobile cellular service in Belize, an unlocked GSM (Global System Mobile Communication) 1900 MHz cellular phone is required.

Digicell sim cards cost 50 bzd and you can now go to BTL with valid id and pay $10 to get your number registered in case your phone gets lost or stolen.
Originally Posted by tacogirl
In order to have mobile cellular service in Belize, an unlocked GSM (Global System Mobile Communication) 1900 MHz cellular phone is required.

Digicell sim cards cost 50 bzd and you can now go to BTL with valid id and pay $10 to get your number registered in case your phone gets lost or stolen.

Question: the sim card only activates the unlocked phone, correct? a person would still need to purchase airtime in addition, yes?
Correct. Usually the SIM card comes with $10bz.
Thought so. Thanks for the info.

CompUSA has an extensive selection of unlocked GSM 1900 MHz phones (dual, triple & quad-band). Found a re-furbed B-Berry (quad-band) for $100 USD.
Hi,
Contact me regarding long term rentals, [email protected],
thanks,
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board