AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: collyk Frozen custard in the most interesting places - 12/13/10 02:37 PM
From an article titled Getting around Wales

"Q: Do you know of any ice-cream shops in Havana, Cuba, and San Pedro, Belize?

-- J. Hayes, Toronto

A: When I'm in Havana I love checking out the Coppelia, a favourite local hangout on Calle 23 in the Vedado district. It's right across the street from the fabulous Hotel Havana Libre, which in its former life was a Hilton Hotel. The vintage building still looks smashing. Coppelia has two queues: One for locals and one for tourists. If you have time, I recommend lining up with the locals to really experience the location and have a chance to sit at the long diner counter in this neat piece of '50s architecture. The queue for tourists is shorter and the service is faster but you miss out on the atmosphere.

San Pedro is the only town on Ambergris Caye, Belize's largest island. I have heard some good reviews about a neat ice-cream parlour there called DandE's Frozen Custard & Sorbet (dande.bz/) on Pescador Dr. (Middle St.) next to Cocina Caramba. The quaint hole in the wall is operated by a friendly U.S. expat from Wisconsin and there are some unusual treats on offer such as ice-cream with hot fudge in the centre of the scoop."
Link here to 'Getting Around Wales'.
The couple that run and own it are from Pennsylvania and it is the best ice cream in Belize
DandE's has my vote! That place is great.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board