AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Sirenia Snorkeling for a person with a disability... - 01/08/11 11:17 PM
Hey everyone...I am counting on all of your expertise and just know I can get an answer or at least a nod in the right direction. My mom and I are avid snorkelers and are traveling in March for our 6th trip to San Pedro. My mom's RA is getting worse and last year she had a bugger of a time getting back in the boat. I know Grumpy and Happy's have a great ladder but our problem is that it is only the two of us and the price is pretty steep for us. Does anyone know of any boats that have better ladders than others? We had to hang out at the reef for about an hour floating around and humming the theme from Jaws until our guide could run back into town and grab us another ladder. A little too much "Drama in real life" for her, although it was memorable. Any suggestions?? Thanks so much all of you lovelies...
Posted By: NJG Re: Snorkeling for a person with a disability... - 01/09/11 02:12 PM
[Discovery Expeditions, 226-2882.or667-5161. ask for Jan, the Sea Symphony may be able to fill your needs.:11pt] [/size]
Thanks for the tip smile
Try ecologic divers. Shelly runs the desk & Ian the owner is very accomodating. Let them know your needs & I am sure they will do all they can to help!
Grumpy and Happy have good steps in to the water and their ad says they specialize in people with disabilites
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board