AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Jon The Baptist Resort Locations - 03/27/11 06:23 PM
I am looking at visiting the Island again in June and was thinking about staying @ the Banana Beach Resort but I don't know how close they are to town as I would like to be within walking distance.

Any suggestions on Resorts to stay at that are close to town and have a good reputation????
Posted By: klcman Re: Resort Locations - 03/27/11 06:32 PM
BB, my fav place to rest my head, is an easy 20-25 minute beach walk (unless you get thirsty along with way).
Posted By: Jon The Baptist Re: Resort Locations - 03/27/11 06:42 PM
Is BB further then Victoria House??
Posted By: klcman Re: Resort Locations - 03/27/11 06:47 PM
no.....slightly further N
Posted By: Marymo Re: Resort Locations - 03/27/11 06:47 PM
Victoria House is further South than Banana Beach. Check out Caribbean Villas - 10 minute walk on the beach North of Banana Beach:

www.caribbeanvillas.com
Posted By: pamkillen Re: Resort Locations - 03/27/11 06:48 PM
The Palms is very nice and staff are fantastic. Not a resort exactly but look it up. Very sweet property, close to everything but quiet
Posted By: Diane Campbell Re: Resort Locations - 03/27/11 07:03 PM
The Phoenix is pretty amazing - lovely grounds, good food, beautiful units - easy walk to everything.
Posted By: Jon The Baptist Re: Resort Locations - 03/27/11 07:20 PM
I should have said I am trying to stay under $1200 for the week I am there.. lol. Might narrow the options down.
Posted By: Diane Campbell Re: Resort Locations - 03/27/11 07:23 PM
Try Caye Casa - it's adorable, easy walking to all you need.
Posted By: reaper Re: Resort Locations - 03/28/11 05:06 AM
SunBreeze, Mayan Princess, Holiday Hotel.
Posted By: KaraokeJoe Re: Resort Locations - 03/28/11 02:28 PM
Just got back from a week at Corona Del Mar. Great place, 2 doors down from Crazy Canucks and Roadkill, well under $1000, and free rum punch all day long!
Posted By: Jon The Baptist Re: Resort Locations - 03/28/11 04:08 PM
I am also looking at staying on a resort @ the north end of the Islands. Looking to be close to the road that leads to the Westside of AC. Thinking about trying the Grand Caribe...
Posted By: Barbara K Re: Resort Locations - 03/28/11 09:36 PM
Grand Caribe is great! Well run, beautiful deluxe spacious units with 1 - 4 bedrooms, fully equipped kitchens, great pools. Go for it!
Posted By: Short Re: Resort Locations - 03/28/11 09:52 PM
For resort locations, see here:
//ambergriscaye.com/pages/town/mapdowntowndetail.html
Posted By: seashell Re: Resort Locations - 03/29/11 01:15 AM
Hi Jon, visa vis Grand Caribe, thought you said you were hoping for something under $1200 per week?
Posted By: ragman Re: Resort Locations - 03/29/11 01:58 AM
John first off, I hope you take a good look at what is at the end of the East/West road. Think carefully on that one. You can access it very easily by cart right now. The roads up here are currently in great shape.

As far as Grand Caribe is concerned here are the rates depending on when your visit is going to be. http://www.grandcaribebelize.com/ambergris-caye-condo-rentals.aspx You could stay 6 days in the slow season with ocean view for about your $1,200 number in a single bedroom. I think you would be happy with your stay. There really is not a lot of difference between ocean view at Grand Caribe and Ocean Front if price is a concern.
Posted By: Diane Campbell Re: Resort Locations - 03/29/11 04:21 PM
The Tree House is about 1200 a week and is reasonably near the access to the east-west road.
Beachfront stand-alone house, two bedrooms, one bath, nice kitchen, living room, big veranda, great views.
Caye Management manages it.
Posted By: azbob Re: Resort Locations - 03/29/11 05:00 PM
I have always found the hotel-condo survey completed by the Chamber very helpful in determining mileage to almost all of the hotel/condos. This one was done in 2009:
http://www.ambergrischamber.org/survey.pdf
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board