AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: P.J. Needed-Good U.S. tax info website - 04/14/11 03:47 PM
Anyone got a good website or a local person to call for info about paying taxes in the U.S. while living abroad. (what you ahve to claim, what you dont, past filing experiences, etc) Done some searches and couldn't find much that was informative without searching through the IRS site. Any help is appreciated. Thanks all.
Posted By: hazzyy Re: Needed-Good U.S. tax info website - 04/14/11 03:59 PM
This guy is awesome... they specialize in it. http://taxplannercpa.com/

Check out their expatriate section.
Posted By: captjeff Re: Needed-Good U.S. tax info website - 04/14/11 04:34 PM
PJ GET A GOOD ONE WHO KNOWS HIS STUFF .AND HAS HIS OR HERS SHIP TOGETHER .DO NOT DO YOURSELF .JMHO..
HE WHO IS OWN ACCOUNTANT HAS A FOOL FOR A CLIENT LOL.
Posted By: P.J. Re: Needed-Good U.S. tax info website - 04/14/11 08:04 PM
Yeah, thats what Im looking for. I've got 2 people in the U.S., but I just want to confirm what they're saying. it honestly just doesnt sound right to me.
Posted By: CaptOneIron Re: Needed-Good U.S. tax info website - 04/14/11 08:20 PM
I use an American guy in the Czech Republic and have done so for the last 7 years. I have a very complicated return with activities in Europe and Central America in addition to the US.

He is very, very good very reliable and fairly priced.

CFO2GO.EU
Posted By: P.J. Re: Needed-Good U.S. tax info website - 04/14/11 08:27 PM
My return should be extremely simple. What kind of costs should I expect to incur?
Posted By: CaptOneIron Re: Needed-Good U.S. tax info website - 04/15/11 12:12 AM
If your return is simple and there are no complex condition such as FBAR reporting and all that I would think a couple of hundred dollars would do it, but better to ask him. Afterall a lot of it will depend on the information you have and how complete it is.
Posted By: P.J. Re: Needed-Good U.S. tax info website - 04/15/11 12:43 AM
Thanks! Anyone else?
Posted By: GwenA Re: Needed-Good U.S. tax info website - 04/15/11 12:51 AM
All I know PJ, we are more careful about our taxes, than almost anything we can think of. Our guy is in the US, and is very conservative! Best wishes! And as Americans say...tomorrow is Tax day, and it sucks!
Posted By: kathyw Re: Needed-Good U.S. tax info website - 04/15/11 01:51 AM
No, Monday is tax day this year.
Posted By: Wizardofaahs Re: Needed-Good U.S. tax info website - 04/15/11 05:58 PM
The IRS website gives you all the information you need about filing you taxes. It is very user friendly, search for specifics on filing taxes while living abroad.
Posted By: Rykat Re: Needed-Good U.S. tax info website - 04/15/11 06:15 PM
pj, when you are US citizen living with a broad........let her do the return! smile
Posted By: P.J. Re: Needed-Good U.S. tax info website - 04/16/11 04:12 PM
Originally Posted by Rykat
pj, when you are US citizen living with a broad........let her do the return! smile

[Linked Image]
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board