AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Marty Human Remains Found at Construction Site - 10/15/11 02:18 PM
Construction workers were alarmed this afternoon after discovering skeletal remains while they were digging holes on a property located on Ambergris Street on October 14, 2011. Shortly after 1:00 p.m. San Pedro Police received a call from the workers to further investigate the matter.

Police called Dr. Javier Zuniga to the site and he confirmed that the skeletal remains were that of a human being. According to San Pedro Police the remains will be sent out to the Institute of Archaeology for Dr. Jaime Awe to conduct further investigations on the remains.

But this is not the first time that skeletal remains have been found at constructions sites in down town San Pedro. There have been quite a few instances when construction workers have discovered skeletal remains just like these. This has occurred during the construction of the Alijua Building and the one just behind it where Casa Pan Dulce and Lighthouse Christian Radio are located, including Sands Hotel and Martha's Hotel.

Click here to read the rest of the article in the Ambergris Today!

Posted By: Bear Re: Human Remains Found at Construction Site - 10/15/11 05:27 PM
never very far from the fascinating history of AC...
Also we found one in the street between Marthas and Elvis during the "pre sewer" dig.
I think the Sands location is chock full of relics and remains.
I could tell you stories about skeletal remains that ole Indiana has dug up in his adventures around the world, but I will not bore you...
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board