AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: jigzmom Golf cart rental - by the day or week? - 10/20/11 02:15 PM
My husband and I (mid-50s, fairly active) will be staying at Pelican Reef Villas in late January 2012, it will be our first trip to Belize/Ambergris Caye. We are wondering if we should rent a golf cart for the week or just by the day as needed. It's not a budget issue, but we don't want to pay for a week's rental to have it sit unused.

We will mainly be doing water activities during the day - diving, snorkeling, kayaking, sailing, etc. - but as PRV does not have a restaurant we will need to head into town or other resorts for lunch & dinner. Can we rely on the water taxis to get back and forth to town for meals? Are there any restaurants we can walk to, no more than a mile each way?

Also I'm a little concerned about personal safety in the evenings, traveling alone (two of us) in a golf cart in the dark and/or walking along the beach at night. We've traveled the Caribbean extensively and never had an issue, but we've always traveled in a car.

Thanks for your help! smile
Posted By: JZB Re: Golf cart rental - by the day or week? - 10/20/11 03:19 PM
No worries! Pelican Reef Villas is in one of the safest areas of the island with 24 hour neighborhood patrols and assistance (in case your cart breaks down, etc). Regarding the golf cart, I would recommend waiting until you arrive to decide. PRV has a great staff that will help you with a cart reservation whenever you need one. When you are hungry, Mr. Joe's Lonestar Grill and Cantina is only a few hundred feet up the road if you do not feel like cooking in your villa.
You will have a great time!
Pelican Reef Villas has been our home away from home for more than 5 years. Sometimes we rent a cart, sometimes we ride a bike, sometimes we walk the beach to town. Sometimes we cook at home, sometimes we eat at Mr. Joe's Lonestar Grill, sometimes we order in pizza, sometimes we get the poolside menu items. We never get hungry and we always feel safe......Jigzmom, you are going to love it there....JZB is offering great advice.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board