AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Isabelle New visitor to AmbergrisCaye - 06/11/00 07:23 PM
Will be visiting June 17-24. I have lots of questions.
We are staying at "Seven Seas" Resort. Will
have a kitchen, so we will be bringing food
along, to help with expenses.
Is there anything (in the food line) that you
can't bring into the counrty? Mexico does not allow meat.
I know that casual dress is the way to go, but how about in the evening? are shorts and
T-shirts allowed in the restaurants?
Hopefully someone can help me.
Thank you!
Posted By: Marty Re: New visitor to AmbergrisCaye - 06/11/00 08:42 PM
Tshirts are fine in the evening, shorts too. shoes optional.
Posted By: headnback Re: New visitor to AmbergrisCaye - 06/13/00 06:05 PM
Hi again! Grocery stores are expensive. Not sure on what you can take there as far as food though. Don't waste you're money on breakfast. Fresh Cinnamon loaf at grocery store helped. Power bars were great as snack from home when needed. Highly recommend Ruby's for breakfast. Serve pastries and somekind of lightly fried pita with shredded chicken and refried beans and freshly squeezed orange juice. Not incredibly filling but will last you a while and well worth the price. $1.30 for chicken thing!
The Reef has great food, large portions for good price. Might be good to take back to room for leftovers.
Posted By: Debbie Re: New visitor to AmbergrisCaye - 06/13/00 06:18 PM
We just got back from A.C. about a week ago. We too did the kitchen thing. I brought a canned ham for breakfast and sandwhiches, some of that deviled chicken spread for sandwhiches and canned tuna to make tuna salad. I didn't have any problem at all. The little fruit stands have decent prices on fruit and a few veggies. The big grocery stores are a bit expensive, but it's still cheaper than eating out every meal. We had two teenage boys with us, so eating out for every meal was not an option. We only ate out in the evening, and I didn't find that most entrees were any more than what you would pay here in the states. Elvies Kitchen was a little pricey, but the atmoshere was nice. Do you like to go fishing? My husand and boys went fishing and it was not so bad cost wise. The guide cleaned the fish for us and we kept it. We grilled some at our condo (they had a grill available for guests) and we also took it to a little restaurant called Ambergris Delight. For $15 BZ they cooked it for us four different ways served family style. It was delicious and we couldn't finish it all. We ordered some rice and beans al a carte, and we were HAPPY!!! The bakeries are reasonable, and if you buy your beer (asuming you drink) by the case from the beer distributorship, you can save mucho $$. That's how we did it. Beer at the clubs is expensive. We brought two bottles of liqour in as well. We got it at the airport (duty free) We wanted to make those nice tropical fruit drinks in our room. We had a blender. So nice in the evenings......out by the pool........ Have a wonderful time. We did.
Debbie
Posted By: MamaLiz Re: New visitor to AmbergrisCaye - 06/13/00 11:00 PM
Not only are shorts OK in the restaurants, I didn't even wear shoes to the Disco.
I doubt you could find a more casual place in the world.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board