AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Natlove007 My first visit to Belize.. - 01/22/12 01:08 AM
I've booked my ticket and ready to visit Belize for the first time. I haven't visited yet and already I love this place. I've read blogs after blogs and many different sites but the pictures and videos are the best. My problem now is that I can not figure out where to stay in Ambergris Caye.. I've seen a few places in San Pedro that are right on the beach but which to chose and what tours to take seeing that I am on a budget and still want to do it all.. Please help make my decisions a little easier as I will on be in the area for 2days..

Thanks all..
Nataleen
Posted By: tahunt Re: My first visit to Belize.. - 01/22/12 01:42 AM
Nat...
I like you made my 1st trip to Belize 2 years ago. Booking hotels in the high season was pretty tough. I went down a map hotel by hotel looking for a vacancy. I ended up staying at the Blue Tang Inn. It is right on the beach and on the edge of town. I was walking distance from everything. The service was second to none. Anything you want to do can be set up at the front desk. I loved it so much I now visit twice a year. I will be back in 3 weeks !
Posted By: Ernie B Re: My first visit to Belize.. - 01/22/12 01:44 AM
tahunt, where in Texas are you ?
Posted By: tahunt Re: My first visit to Belize.. - 01/22/12 01:49 AM
I am in Irving, right next to DFW Airport
Posted By: Ernie B Re: My first visit to Belize.. - 01/22/12 01:53 AM
Ah, a yankee smile
Posted By: pugwash Re: My first visit to Belize.. - 01/22/12 01:54 AM
Southurn Hick...
Posted By: Ernie B Re: My first visit to Belize.. - 01/22/12 01:57 AM
2 weeks already ?
Posted By: pugwash Re: My first visit to Belize.. - 01/22/12 02:00 AM
You've converted to Judaism?
Posted By: Ernie B Re: My first visit to Belize.. - 01/22/12 02:01 AM
Hang on, lemme check
Posted By: Ernie B Re: My first visit to Belize.. - 01/22/12 02:01 AM
Hummmm
Posted By: buzzbean Re: My first visit to Belize.. - 01/22/12 06:16 PM
Nataleen,

There are many hotels you can choose from that you will enjoy. Everyone has their favorites. My favorite is Banana Beach. The price is great, it's very nice and far enough south of town that it's pretty quiet. They have an on-site travel shop to book whatever tour you'd like to go on. www.bananabeach.com - www.monkeybusinesstours.com . As for tours, again, many different ones that everyone has their favorites. If you're a diver, go on the Blue Hole trip. The Blue Hole itself isn't the highlight for me. The highlight of this trip is Half Moon Caye and the wall and aquarium dives. If you're a snorkeler, that trip is also very good. You can also snorkel at the Hol Chan Cut, Shark Ray Alley and Mexico Rocks. An afternoon fishing/snorkel beach barbeque is awesome. You'll also want to do some mainland tours. I love Lamanai but Altun Ha is also good. I've never been on the cave tubing, zip lining or the zoo but have heard they are all awesome.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board