AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: TickTock We're back.... :-( - 09/11/00 03:57 PM
What a vacation!! Journey's End is beautiful, and the staff is so friendly, just loved it!! It was hell coming back to all this concrete and actually having to wear shoes...lol! My husband will be scanning our pictures to our website, I'll post the URL when he's done...should be this week.

Hey JaneinPA...I made sure to tell Roberto hi for you.
Jill
Posted By: Marty Re: We're back.... :-( - 09/11/00 04:37 PM
Alright! Glad you had a good time, don't all the RULES around here drive you NUTS when you get back?

don't park there, don't go too fast, don't do this, don't do that...

man. thats what gets me the worst...
Posted By: TickTock Re: We're back.... :-( - 09/11/00 04:43 PM
yeah...what's up with all these rules?! You know the best part of our vacation was having the freedom to do whatever we wanted...I could get used to that real easy! You know, the mosiqitos were really bad last week, we went through 4 cans of Off...really, 4 cans. The only time we didn't experience those pesty little guys was in the jungle...now go figure that one out! The Howler monkeys were awesome...we were just driving along and all of a sudden heard them, then saw a bunch of them hangin' out in the trees. We didn't go on any tours, we were pretty adventerous and went out all on our own...very cool!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: We're back.... :-( - 09/12/00 04:19 PM
told ya it was beautiful! glad you had a great time and thanks for the hi's. did he remember me? gotta run but will ask for more info later!
Posted By: TickTock Re: We're back.... :-( - 09/12/00 04:35 PM
Yes he did remember you...said you had a wonderful time! How could you not? I love it there, everything was fabulous!

Hey, you just missed meeting Danny, his first day was the day we arrived (9/2)ok...Roberto has got nothin' on him, if you know what I mean [Linked Image]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: We're back.... :-( - 09/12/00 06:22 PM
ok, i'm back! by the way, we beat you! we went thru 5 cans of off. i think it has a lot to do with the lagoon out back at JE. they breed in still, fresh water. if there was any rain, i swear they were breeding in the puddles on my porch! when i came home, all our clothes smelled like burnt coconut husks!
did you plop in "my" lounge chair? i loved that view past the bending palms. did ya get to kayak out to the bouy?
glad you got to see your monkeys.
Posted By: TickTock Re: We're back.... :-( - 09/12/00 06:32 PM
Hey...

I did plop in "your" chair...I took very good care of it! Spectacular view [Linked Image] We did take the kayak out to the bouy...paddled all the way out there, then discovered we weren't sure how to get back into the kayak...so we paddled back to shore for some practice runs. Then paddled all the way back out...man, I needed a rum punch after all that! We had a blast...I miss it already.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: We're back.... :-( - 09/14/00 02:23 AM
ha ha - i would have liked to be the fly on the wall watching my big behind hoisting up into that kayak! i didnt know what to do either, but it wasnt hard once you try. tell you what though: they got together a volleyball game just for me (put the ball on my bed for my arrival...awww) but they had like 20 lbs of air in this cheap ball and i sprained my thumb the third day i was there! still hurts like a SOB! did that iguana hang out in that crooked palm on sunny days? it was there everyday and i watched it eat a green lizard one day! cool...
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board