AmbergrisCaye.com Home
I'm visiting Belize next week for vacation and I'd like to get a local SIM card for my cell phone so I can be reached from the USA without having to pay my provider's insane international roaming rates. I'll only be there one week and odds are that I won't even make or receive a single phone call so even just 60 minutes of time would be enough.

Is there a place to buy SIMs on the caye or should I do that at the airport in Belize City?

Thanks!
You can get one at the BTL office in San Pedro... they are open Monday through Friday.
Your US phone will need to be "unlocked" which they can do there for you as well, depending on how new your software update is. I would suggest bringing down an old phone.
The office is across the street at the airport. If you are going to take a 2nd flight after arriving at BZE walk across the street and purchage it between flights. It is across a parking lot not really a street.
Hot Guide

http://hotguidebelize.com/digicell-sim-cards-and-calling-minutes/

They will deliver a SIM card to your Hotel so it's there when you arrive.
I can vouch for Digicell. They were a great company to go with and they indeed will bring the phone to the airport to meet you or to your resort. Very good prices as well. Much better than you'd ever get with your own provider's international calling plan.
Just bought a Sim Card package from Digicell. Great company to work with. Would recommend them to anyone one. Thanks Marie grin
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board