AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: fordshouse New Maps - 12/25/12 03:01 PM
It has been 10 months since we were last there and we are due back Jan 31st. This will be our 4th trip in 4 years and it seems that there are more new restaurants, bars, shops, etc and quite a few that were there but are now gone. Does any one know of an update map or guide? Is there one in the works? I know this type of "guide" would always be fluid but at least it would give us and others visiting a chance to check out some of the new along with some of our favorites (BC's, ABC and Canuck's)among many others.
Posted By: Marty Re: New Maps - 12/25/12 04:35 PM
the most current are on the Ambergris Today and San Pedro Sun websites....

also peek at //AmbergrisCaye.com/maps
Posted By: Phil Re: New Maps - 12/25/12 05:09 PM
Pick up a 2013 Hot Guide at Tropic Air or Maya Air Check in desks at International Airport or at Gecko Graphics on Buccaneer Street between front and Middle St - it's the cross St closest to Post Office.
Posted By: chunkyruth Re: New Maps - 12/25/12 11:54 PM
Hi, some of changes we have noticed...

The Catamaran Beach Bar (located at Caribbean Villas Resort)is now serving breakfast (7 to 10)and lunch (11-2)...dinner maybe later in the season. Great food and very reasonable prices...and the view can't be beat.

The Lazy Croc Barbecue place is open once again up north...fantastic, authentic barbecue the added attraction of croc watching.

Bistro Mestizo has opened up where Crave used to be near Central Park. We had a good seafood diner there.

DJ's Burgers, located a couple blocks north of the high school on the road to the bridge. Lots of choices of great burgers and a few other options, too.

Guerilla Melt, located in Exotic Caye Resort behind Crazy Canucks. Just opened up last week, and we sampled a bunch of great cheesy sandwiches. They are open 7 to 2 for breakfast and lunch.

I hear good things about Wet Willie's (north end of town)food now. Haven't tried it but everyone I talk to says the food is really good.

AJ's always has something good on the menu, chili and chicken dinners and the chicken wings are fabulous as always.

Crazy Canucks is now offering more food options...pannini's for one thing...which I know are very good.

I have enjoyed Casa Picasso a couple times already, they have new owners and I was impressed with everything about it.
Posted By: fordshouse Re: New Maps - 12/26/12 11:30 AM
Thank you all. We are so anxious to get there and check out some of the new spots.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board