AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: tacogirl Who is your favorite fishing guide? - 05/13/13 12:26 PM
Who is your favorite fishing guide and what was your most memorable fishing experience?

I like Eric from Uprising tours, had fun going out with him and he has music option on his boat.

Also had great trips with Peter Graniel and Captain Abel been out with both of them a few times always fun and always a good catch.

One that experience stands out in particular was the time we heard a dolphin breathing before we could see it. It hung out with is a while then went on it's way. Magical.
I have always used Luis Paz

DC
Posted By: tacogirl Re: Who is your favorite fishing guide? - 05/15/13 12:16 PM
I have not heard that guide before Decompression, any more details?
Posted By: elbert Re: Who is your favorite fishing guide? - 05/15/13 12:16 PM
The island has tons of good ones, I feel like tourist are like newly hatched chicks, the first thing they see is mama.
Posted By: Welland Re: Who is your favorite fishing guide? - 05/15/13 01:00 PM

Bicho. Always lots of fish and great shore lunches.
Posted By: Bobber Re: Who is your favorite fishing guide? - 05/15/13 01:27 PM
One of the great experiences for us has always been the reef fishing, and the shore lunches are things of legend. Nothing better than fresh fish prepared over an open fire with all kinds of great stuff added.
Originally Posted by tacogirl
I have not heard that guide before Decompression, any more details?

Luis works out of El Pescador, but you don't have to stay there to hire him. Far as I know flat fishing only, and a very good fly man too.

DC
Posted By: collyk Re: Who is your favorite fishing guide? - 05/15/13 10:46 PM
Peter Graniel and Abel Guerrero remain my favourite fishing guides ever. Many thanks to Capt Jeff (RIP) for introducing us to these true men of the sea.
Posted By: tacogirl Re: Who is your favorite fishing guide? - 05/16/13 02:01 PM
I have to agree with you on that one Colly. I know many of us have fond memories of fishing trips with Capt Jeff. I miss his jokes and bubbly personality.
Posted By: Don Greife Re: Who is your favorite fishing guide? - 05/17/13 02:37 PM
I have fished with Manuel Azueta for many years and have found him to a "top-notch" flats fly fishing guide. I may be a little prejudice because his mama fixes lunch for me.
Posted By: Bwana Re: Who is your favorite fishing guide? - 05/17/13 04:53 PM
Over the years I have gone out with several guides and have had a lot of different experiences, some good, some not so much. The one exceptional guide I had was a guy whose last name was Powe, I don't remember his 1st name. His boat was the Kiara and we used him in Feb 2011.

Powe had us on the fish all day long and was a great conversationalist as well. Not only was he the best guide I have had in Belize, but anywhere. I know he grew up in Belize, but lives there part of the time now along part of the time in Kansas City.

Posted By: Dawghed Re: Who is your favorite fishing guide? - 05/17/13 07:23 PM
Russell is patient, hard working and cost effective. Pretty much limited to inside the reef unless its a very calm day. Gone fishing with him 3 times and will no doubt go again. No complaints.
My wife fishes, I pretty much just go along for the ride. And she humors me by occasionally joining me on dives.
Posted By: Tubbyduck Re: Who is your favorite fishing guide? - 05/18/13 02:03 PM
I have been out with at least half a dozen guides over the years and I would vote for Jose Perez for both flats and reef. 35 years guiding on Ambergris... must be a reason.
Posted By: J DOG Re: Who is your favorite fishing guide? - 05/18/13 04:41 PM
I've used Omero Graniel the last 3 trips, last trip in Feb. fishing with my cousin was really cool,We fished inside the reef and caught lot's of snapper & a couple of nice Spanish mackerel.
Omero cleaned 6 snapper & a mackerel for us and they cooked them at the Sand Bar (my new favorite bar) for free, all we had to pay for was the sides.
I've also done a couple snorkeling/beach BBQs with him.
He doesn't advertise and is very reasonable price wise.
It was my cousin's first trip to Belize and they loved it.
I would highly recommend him.

Omero Graniel- over 25 years experience
[email protected]
226-2729
625-7631

Posted By: nawman Re: Who is your favorite fishing guide? - 05/20/13 01:41 AM
I like Tony's Tours. Mario and Tony are great guides doing mostly reef fishing, and they are great with kids. Like them on Facebook Tony's Tours, Belize
Posted By: Hoover Re: Who is your favorite fishing guide? - 05/20/13 05:00 PM
My wife and I went out with Eric of Uprising last Feb. I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone. It was one of the best times I have ever had.
Posted By: BDB Re: Who is your favorite fishing guide? - 05/20/13 07:17 PM
I've fished with Pete and Abel in the past and have had great trips with both captains, but for the past six years we have been fishing with Roberto Bradley. We have done reef, flats, and offshore, as well as a great snorkeling trip where we snorkel 3-4 spots then end up in Caye Caulker for lunch. He is the best. [email protected] 501 226 2116
Posted By: joey2angels Re: Who is your favorite fishing guide? - 05/21/13 01:55 PM
I have been using Parnell Coc and his brother Kenny for years....I even hate to give out their names so they will be available when I arrive.
501-636-1936
501-660-7118

Plenty of tight lines....tell 'em Joe and Wally sent ya.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board