AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: ScubaLdy Where to stay? - 05/28/13 11:35 PM
Recently I have driven to Rocky Point twice. Great tips to take my guests on. My son and one of his sons are coming in late July and I would like to take them up -but not round trip in one day. I would like to find us a place to spend one night with dinner and not cost an arm an a leg. We can rough it. Any suggestions?

Posted By: CaptOneIron Re: Where to stay? - 05/28/13 11:43 PM
What are you driving and how difficult is the going?
Posted By: ScubaLdy Re: Where to stay? - 05/29/13 12:27 AM
I'm writing a full report between everything else I have going.
Posted By: SFJeff Re: Where to stay? - 05/29/13 01:11 AM
Stay at Tranquility Bay... location does not get much better!!!

Or Turtleman's cabana over the water if you want a truly unique experience.

Posted By: ScubaLdy Re: Where to stay? - 05/29/13 02:08 PM
Turtle Man's would be great! How do I get in touch with him?
Tranquility is beautiful but out of my price range.
Posted By: Chica Blanca Re: Where to stay? - 05/29/13 03:17 PM
Harriette,
You can google turtleman's house or it's on the hotel site on this site. He can provide transportation from San Pedro. Tranquility has a budget room available also.
Please re-think driving up here during the turtle nesting season through October. The nests are VERY close to where you will be driving and can be harmed. Last year nests were lost in the Habanaros area due to driving on the beach. We have also seen nests not hatch for the past four years because of vehicles on the beach.
Posted By: SFJeff Re: Where to stay? - 05/30/13 02:15 AM
Rethink driving too because of the rain. I drove a cart this afternoon from here (Rojo) to just south of Costa Maya... Road is is in horrendous shape. Be prepared to get covered in mud/muck and be prepared to get stuck. Maybe it'll dry out/be better by then, but it sure is only going to get worse over the next two weeks.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board