AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Morg Liveaboard - 08/09/13 11:06 PM
Does anyone know if there is moorage on Ambergris Caye for living aboard my boat longterm?
Posted By: Diane Campbell Re: Liveaboard - 08/11/13 11:33 AM
Belize Yacht Club was the only one ......... not sure what the situation is there now.
Simon is our resident boating expert - maybe he has some helpful info?
Posted By: SimonB Re: Liveaboard - 08/11/13 01:19 PM
I would contact Belize Yacht Club directly to see what their status is. Don't be fooled by the name, it's just a dock with no facilities. I've heard of transient boaters being turned away from there.

I don't know about other docks but the ECP for our pier permit prevents us from having persons living aboard the boats even short-term.

If you plan on staying long term you'll also have to pay a yearly temporary import duty on the boat. I'm not sure what the time limitation is on a cruising permit, probably 90 days.
Posted By: Morg Re: Liveaboard - 08/11/13 07:38 PM
Thanks for the information - not sure it would work out now anyway so I willlook for long term rental smile
Posted By: seaglass Re: Liveaboard - 08/12/13 06:36 AM
I also looked into this, Belize Yacht Club was the only thing available....way over priced for no more than offered, the conditions are terrible
Posted By: Scuba do Re: Liveaboard - 08/12/13 02:49 PM
Another excellent example of the value of this board when used properly..cudos to Simon and Diane
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board