AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: brownrigg new to san pedro - 01/25/14 01:34 AM
Can anyone tell me the best dive shop to use?
New to this forum any help would be great.
Posted By: JEL Re: new to san pedro - 01/25/14 03:59 AM
I would say go around and ask. Who ever you feel comfortable talking with then use them.
Posted By: elbert Re: new to san pedro - 01/25/14 07:09 AM
Sadly which shop sometimes depends on where on the island your staying.
Posted By: brownrigg Re: new to san pedro - 01/25/14 11:12 AM
You are so smart Elbert,If you read the topic you would know what island. San Pedro-let me see I think that is Ambergries Caye?
Posted By: JEL Re: new to san pedro - 01/25/14 11:14 AM
What Elbert is trying to say is if you are staying NORTH then use a dive shop up there, if you are SOUTH use a dive shop down there, and if you are CENTRAL use whatever one you like
Posted By: elbert Re: new to san pedro - 01/25/14 11:32 AM
The road system, or lack of it, makes some of the choice for you. I chuckle at a lot of folks that say they will 'drop in' when they get here. My shop and a lot of others will pick up by boat on the dock of the hotel your staying at but that has limits when gas cost $12. a gallon.
..so where you stay on the island sometimes limits your choices.
Posted By: Loansum-Al K Re: new to san pedro - 01/25/14 02:44 PM
Originally Posted by brownrigg
You are so smart Elbert,If you read the topic you would know what island. San Pedro-let me see I think that is Ambergries Caye?

Take a reading lesson.........Elbert said "where" on the Island, not "what" Island.
Posted By: Rykat Re: new to san pedro - 01/25/14 03:05 PM
Oh boy, brownrigg sounds like a great new candidate for "daily crap" laugh laugh
Posted By: Loansum-Al K Re: new to san pedro - 01/25/14 03:54 PM
Originally Posted by Rykat
Oh boy, brownrigg sounds like a great new candidate for "daily crap" laugh laugh

Yes, sounds like a perfect fit!
Posted By: Diane Campbell Re: new to san pedro - 01/25/14 04:13 PM
Come on guys - chill pills are on sale today.
Please play nice and have a fabulous day.
Posted By: Loansum-Al K Re: new to san pedro - 01/25/14 06:20 PM
Originally Posted by Diane Campbell
Come on guys - chill pills are on sale today.
Please play nice and have a fabulous day.

Thanks Diane...........those guys from the "daily crap" thread need some disciplinary words every once and a while.
Posted By: Amanda Syme Re: new to san pedro - 01/25/14 07:37 PM
Depending on where you are staying on the island you should have a decent number of dive shops to choose from. Some cater to small parties, some offer off shore atoll diving and the dive locations vary according to your experience level etc. Most resorts have a specific shops that they recommend and use.

You will have a lot of choice. Enjoy.
Posted By: brownrigg Re: new to san pedro - 01/26/14 12:38 PM
Originally Posted by Amanda Syme
Depending on where you are staying on the island you should have a decent number of dive shops to choose from. Some cater to small parties, some offer off shore atoll diving and the dive locations vary according to your experience level etc. Most resorts have a specific shops that they recommend and use.

You will have a lot of choice. Enjoy.
Thanks Amanda Great information.
Posted By: Dawghed Re: new to san pedro - 01/27/14 04:38 PM
My BZE 2 cents... use a PADI certified dive shop.
http://www.padi.com/scuba/locate-a-padi-dive-shop/default.aspx
Enter Ambergris Caye, Belize into the search window.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board