AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Atticworks Corona del Mar - 12/07/00 07:10 AM
Hi,
Atticworks here again. We have found possible room at Corona del Mar and Holiday Hotel. Heard good things about HH, but what about CdM?

Need to book soon. Please inform.
Thanks, Michele
Posted By: Sandcrab Re: Corona del Mar - 12/07/00 07:32 AM
CdM is a very well run resort with a true character owner, "Woody". He is a super host and the accommodations are excellent. Coconuts beach bar located next door is also a popular place to meet the locals and business people.

It is 1/2 mile south of the centre of town and about a 15 min. stroll down the beach. Holiday Hotel is in town and not as upscale as CdM but convenient.

Both hotels are directly on the beach.

Have fun,

**Jim
Posted By: CHOOCHOO Re: Corona del Mar - 12/07/00 04:18 PM
Michele,

I would head straight for Corona Del Mar and Woody. A very short stroll to town or crawl next door to Coconut's Beach bar (in spite of what Jesse says bring a butt cushion for the stools) and enjoy. We have sent a lot of people to Woody's and never had a complaint. (Of course most of them were just happy to be 200 yards from us.)

Seriously, it is a great choice.
Posted By: Daemyon Re: Corona del Mar - 12/07/00 08:01 PM
Hey, BTW...is 'America' still working for Woody at the hotel? She used to work at the Playador, then she moved to Corona. Just curious, she was very helpful and friendly.

E.
Posted By: Dallas Dave Re: Corona del Mar - 12/07/00 09:49 PM
Woody is a nut! Great guy! He's an excellent host, and his wife Helen actually runs the place. I highly recommend them. Coconuts is nice too. Good place to hang with locals. Have fun.
Posted By: amylime77 Re: Corona del Mar - 12/10/00 03:17 AM
i absolutly recommend the corona. excellent rooms, good view, nice people, healthy walk to town, and reasonably priced for such a great place. Enjoy!
Posted By: Sandcrab Re: Corona del Mar - 12/15/00 09:56 AM
Here is the Corona del Mar web site:
//ambergriscaye.com/coronadelmar/index.html

I am sure you will enjoy staying there.

**Jim
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board