AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Mark Harden Suggestions for fun stuff to see 'n' do? - 12/20/00 08:59 AM
Folks:

My bride-to-be and I are honeymooning in mid-January at Mata Chica at north end of AC. Never been to Belize before. Would welcome insider suggestions of fun things to see and do in San Pedro, romantic spots to visit, restaurants, snorkeling, Maya ruins, good places to hear local music, natural highlights etc. -- Mark
Congrats on your honeymoon choice. J Buffett was @ Mata Chica last time i was in AC. So goes the rumor.
1. Capricorn for lunch or dinner--take the water taxi as it is near you, or you could walk or bike- [watch for B.U.I.]
2. I loved the Maya Lamainai trip with Tanishi/daniel Nunez. I went by myself as it was a long day, 7a-7p.
3. If you are a novice snorkler, pay a guide and take a small boat. if you're good, take the Winnie EStelle, you'll have to mingle and it's a good value.
4. Impress your new bride with how many Belikans you can drink before noon, then burp your way throught the alphabet. None of my first 4 wives minded this exhibition
5. Do pop into some of the other resorts, like The Victoria House south of town as they all have a different charm.
Posted By: Marty Re: Suggestions for fun stuff to see 'n' do? - 12/22/00 01:12 AM
/////////////////////////////
Here's some things to do and general info:
//AmbergrisCaye.com/pages/town/visitor.html
Visitors Center
//AmbergrisCaye.com/pages/town/todo.html
Things to do
//AmbergrisCaye.com/diving
for diving & snorkeling,
//AmbergrisCaye.com/lodging
for Lodging,
//AmbergrisCaye.com/tours
For Maya tours and mainland tours,
//AmbergrisCaye.com/fishing
for fishing,
//AmbergrisCaye.com/economics
The Belize Economics Guide, for tax, immigration, business, consular information, and much more.
//AmbergrisCaye.com/realestate
for real estate agencies and opportunities on the island.
//AmbergrisCaye.com/property
for buying property in Belize
//AmbergrisCaye.com/phonebook
The San Pedro phone book, and search engine for email addresses. A comprehensive Email and Website Directory for Belize Businesses by subject matter is a great new addition.
//AmbergrisCaye.com/pages/photos
LOTS of pictures of the island, and links to many galleries specific to activities, like diving galleries, birding galleries, Kay Scott's fantastic FACES $ PLACES OF SAN PEDRO gallery, and more more more...
//AmbergrisCaye.com/business
for over 100 Island Businesses schools, and organizations
//AmbergrisCaye.com/help
for Quick Important Information on Getting here, and pertinent island information
//AmbergrisCaye.com/kevin/
A column by Kevin Gonzales on issues affecting tourism.
//AmbergrisCaye.com/pages/town/facts.html
for several maps of the island, of Belize, of hotels and businesses and their locations on the island.
//AmbergrisCaye.com/history
for a wealth of historical information
//AmbergrisCaye.com/restaurants
for restaurants! Lots of menus...
//AmbergrisCaye.com/fieldguide
for a field guide exclusively for Belize and Ambergris Caye
//AmbergrisCaye.com/museum/digit.html
Belizean Archaeological information, a weekly column by Dr. Herman Smith:
//AmbergrisCaye.com/museum/
Ambergris Caye Museum and Historical Society:
//AmbergrisCaye.com/25years/
25 Years Ago, a weekly column by Angel Nunez, principal of San Pedro High School, on conditions in Belize and on the island 25 years ago. Quite interesting.
//AmbergrisCaye.com/wallpaper/
Huge images of San Pedro suitable for your computer background or wallpaper, or just your viewing pleasure. Easy install.
//AmbergrisCaye.com/cv/birds/birding.html
Birding on Ambergris Caye:
//AmbergrisCaye.com/bzlibrary
Belize Electronic Library, has related links to many many websites that are relevant to the lives of Belizeans
http://SanPedroSun.net
The San Pedro Sun, the island newspaper
http://BelizeNews.com
for the major Belizean online news sources all in one easy to use place
//AmbergrisCaye.com/sail2cuba
3 fellows sail to Belize via Havana a few months ago. One owns Mata Chica, see below...
//AmbergrisCaye.com/seabelize/kayaking.html
Really cool new trip on the back side. See the island the way the Maya saw it, through the same paths in the mangroves....
//AmbergrisCaye.com/tanisha/lamanai.html
Take a boat ride up the New River, tons of birds, animals of various forms, bromeliads, orchids, up to Lamanai, the ancient ruin.
//AmbergrisCaye.com/blueholetrip
Multi-day trip to the atolls of Belize, Turneffe, Lighthouse, Great Blue Hole
//AmbergrisCaye.com/pages/town/divesharkholchan.html
Diving and Snorkeling Shark Ray Alley and Hol Chan Marine Reserve
//AmbergrisCaye.com/holchan
Hol Chan Marine Reserve, lots of information on this jewel of a dive spot.

Marty
ChiefNerd
AmbergrisCaye.com
Thanks, Marty. That's an impressive set of links. Thanks also to Big Frank.
Any other ideas?
Posted By: lesmay Re: Suggestions for fun stuff to see 'n' do? - 12/28/00 07:22 PM
There is this little place called Sweet Basil that is perfect for lunch and dessert. They have a variety of sandwiches and tremensouly delicious desserts. My fiance was in medical school in AC and every time I visited, Sweet Basil was at the top of my list. It's a nice, quiet place at the far end of the island. May I add that the wine is great too.
Romantic spots are just about anywhere you are on AC! Favorite snorkel spots - Mexico Rocksand Tres Cocos on the north end. Hol Chan Marine Park at night.
Estel's Dine by the Sea on the beach in the center of town is my favorite restaurant.
Live music is scattered around town and recorded music at the dance places.
Belize it!

[This message has been edited by margarita (edited 01-05-2001).]
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board