AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Ltdplus9 Real Estate Lawyer Recommendation Needed - 05/15/14 06:25 PM
Hi All,

I'm considering an Ambergris pre-construction condo transaction that has some interesting nuances associated with the purchase agreement; specifically with the land. I believe proper due-diligence would require involving a lawyer. Anyone have any recommendations? Thanks!
Try contacting Ryan Wrobel who now has an office here in San Pedro.

Doing the proper due diligence on these types of purchases is critical as it should provide you with all the information so that the decisions you make are based on the facts. There is almost always some element of risk in a pre-construction environment but the reward should take that into account.

Talk to realtors in the area where this development is going to happen and see if they have any feedback about the developer and any projects done in the past. Reputation is everything in a small town.

Good luck.
Ryan Wrobel

Ryan J. Wrobel, J.D., LL.M., C.L.E.
Attorney-at-Law & Notary Public
Wrobel & Co., Attorneys-at-Law
115 Barrack Road, 3rd Floor
P.O. Box 420
Belize City, Belize
Tel: +501-223-1013
Fax: +1-917-591-5875
[email protected][/size]
www.lawbelize.bz
*Admitted in Belize, Jamaica and New York
Posted By: Chris Re: Real Estate Lawyer Recommendation Needed - 05/17/14 09:54 AM
If you can indicate which development you're considering perhaps there are those of us who would not mind pointing you towards or away from it given our experience on the island.
You should take Chris's advice Ltd, it will be current and truthful
Posted By: Inplub Re: Real Estate Lawyer Recommendation Needed - 05/17/14 12:49 PM
I can second that ask Chris.
I'm hesitant to mention any names or companies at this time but I have reached out to Ryan. All the players seem credible and reputable. This is my first intl real estate transaction and I think I'm just a little more risk adverse (read as "scared") than others. Thanks all for the input.
Ryan Wrobel is a respectable attorney and I have found him to be very thorough and forthright.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board