AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: PondHead Snorkel Expeditions - Winnie Estelle - 01/20/01 08:44 PM
I await February in eager anticipation of my first to visit San Pedro. In the mean time, I've developed an infatuation for the Winnie Estelle a 66' island trader that takes snorkel expeditions to Caye Caulker. These expeditions strike me as good introduction to the waters and an opportunity to meet fellow visitors (wiley single women). The latter is facilitated by the provided rum and the enviroment.

I don't expect the desks to be awash in rum, but I would hope that enough is permitted so that a reserve person could loosen up a little. I am interested to learn the experience of others who have made day expeditions aboard the Winnie Estelle.
Posted By: Big Frank Re: Snorkel Expeditions - Winnie Estelle - 01/22/01 05:24 PM
You are right in thinking that the Winnie is a great mixer for tourists, and also is an intriging vessel in its own right.
I'm a hack writer and I wrote a short story based on a trip I took on the Winnie. email me at [email protected] and I will send you this unpublished story.
Posted By: Big Frank Re: Snorkel Expeditions - Winnie Estelle - 01/22/01 05:25 PM
And, oh yes, the rum punches, poured by Humberto, are readily available.
Posted By: CHOOCHOO Re: Snorkel Expeditions - Winnie Estelle - 01/22/01 09:31 PM
The Winnie is highly recommended from this quarter. We have been with Capt. "Roberto" several times on the boat (and as many off). Our kids have gone many more times, and we have routinely sent fellow traveling companions off into the Winnie's rum-soaked evil clutches.

Have FUN.
Posted By: munichchick Re: Snorkel Expeditions - Winnie Estelle - 01/23/01 02:43 AM
The Winnie sounds great! We have to test that Rum on our trip in June. Do you make reservations through the resort you are staying at?
Posted By: Marty Re: Snorkel Expeditions - Winnie Estelle - 01/23/01 03:04 AM
the website for the winnie estelle is : //AmbergrisCaye.com/winnieestelle/

you can book from there....
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board