AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Maya House Lighted Boat Parade - Complaint - 11/29/14 01:59 AM
I just want to voice my frustration about how late the boat parade always seems to be announced. People like to be able to make plans, whether it's as attendee's, or participants.

If it's known that it's going to occur the first Saturday in December, then it shouldn't be that complicated to announce far earlier than a very, very, VERY short ONE week prior to the event.

This is most likely why the event was canceled last year, because people didn't have enough time/notice to prepare. I went through hoops to change my travel plans last year, and get my display ready with the same short notice, and then have in canceled.

If there is a need for help on this event, I would be more than thrilled to volunteer!
Posted By: Chica Blanca Re: Lighted Boat Parade - Complaint - 11/29/14 11:52 AM
Maya House,
There has been notices in the San Pedro Sun since Oct. 24 about the parade. The San Pedro Business Association has been getting the word out to register boats and for volunteers for over a month now. You just have to pay attention...Holiday Boat Parade 2014

If you want to help, contact the SPBA [email protected] .
Posted By: Amanda Syme Re: Lighted Boat Parade - Complaint - 11/29/14 01:53 PM
For the past 9 years the San Pedro Holiday Lighted Boat Parade has been set for the first Saturday of December. And that is planned date for future boat parade events. Mark it on your calendar now.

Last year was the only year it was not held. And that was because there was a conflicting event that stretched the island's resources to the point that something had to give. And sadly it was the boat parade. The town council will make every effort not to schedule conflicting events in the future. No one was more disappointed last year than the VOLUNTEER committee that works tirelessly on this event and others throughout the year. We constantly ask for additional volunteers to step up and help out since we all have full time jobs and have to squeeze the organization of this event and the San Pedro Lobster Festival around our busy schedules.

Could the way this is organized be improved upon? Absolutely! All we need is help and support and participation from the community.

Posted By: Rmerritt Re: Lighted Boat Parade - Complaint - 11/30/14 10:46 PM
If you need a helping hand I have two strong ones...thanks to Cross Fit ! Lol

How can I help?

Karen
Posted By: Amanda Syme Re: Lighted Boat Parade - Complaint - 12/01/14 02:51 PM
All offers of assistance is truly appreciated. Please email us at the following address info at san pedro business dot com

We are currently short on funds in the amount of $1,625 BZD so cash donations are being requested. Gift certificates are being sought. And if you have some lights to donate they will be welcomed.

Thanks!
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board