AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: dphil56 Blue Tang Inn - 01/25/01 02:50 AM
beenznrice,
I just spent a week at the Blue Tang, formerly Rocks Inn, and I couldn't have been more satisfied. The staff is great, and we met the new owners while we were there, really nice folks with an aim to please. They are doing a good job renovating(probably finished by now). While we were there, they put new ceiling fans in all the rooms, and new refridgerators and coffee pots. They are also putting in a pool and a deck. Selena, Gill, and Gustavo, bent over backwards for us. I will stay there again, and would highly recomend the place. Close to a grocery store and walking distance from downtown. Oh, and there is a new sun deck on the 3rd floor. We were very comfortable!!

[This message has been edited by dphil56 (edited 01-24-2001).]

[This message has been edited by dphil56 (edited 01-24-2001).]
Posted By: Beenznrice Re: Blue Tang Inn - 01/25/01 05:21 AM
Thanks for the info dphil56. It's so hard to choose a place to stay. I don't want anything fancy since I'm sure I won't be spending much time in the room but I would like a place with a pool and decent sized rooms. Do you know where the Blue Tang is located? It's not to far north is it? I don't want to have to take a boat to get to SP everynight.
Posted By: Karen Pasquariello Re: Blue Tang Inn - 01/25/01 05:48 AM
Hi,
The resort is just on the edge of town, just a few minutes walk will get you there.
Posted By: dphil56 Re: Blue Tang Inn - 01/25/01 06:21 AM
beenznrice,I noticed from an earlier post, that you are planning to go in July. The pool and deck will certainly be finished by then. Plus, I forgot to mention, that they are building a beach bar on the property. It was to be finished any day now! No water taxis will be needed!! Walk or rent a golf cart....downtown is right at you finger tips.
Posted By: Beenznrice Re: Blue Tang Inn - 01/25/01 09:08 PM
Thanks everyone. With so many places getting good reviews it's going to be hard to choose.
Posted By: SP Daily Re: Blue Tang Inn - 01/25/01 11:32 PM
Compliments to the new Blue Tang owners for their thoughtfully worded advert in the local paper. Good show!
Posted By: Sandshaker Re: Blue Tang Inn - 01/26/01 03:08 AM
Ditto to the add....good eye appeal.....classy!

The Blue Tang is right in front of the Hustler Dock.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: seashell Re: Blue Tang Inn - 01/26/01 09:33 AM
dphil56, hi. I've stayed twice at the Blue Tang when it was Rock's. Have they changed the curtains? The curtains were a peach color and made the rooms very pretty but let in the morning light. As much as I enjoyed staying there, I often wished for some blackout curtains.
Posted By: dphil56 Re: Blue Tang Inn - 01/27/01 05:29 PM
seashell,
They still have the same curtains, but the new owners wife told us that it was high on her list of things to change. I had no problem with the morning light, but can see where some blackout curtains would appeal to some(my girlfriend included, she likes to sleep late!!). Lots of changes ongoing.
Posted By: Fronna3 Re: Blue Tang Inn - 01/27/01 10:46 PM
How was the view of the Sea?
Posted By: Flomac Re: Blue Tang Inn - 01/28/01 06:36 AM
dphil56,

When you stayed at Blue Tang Inn, was the
Dockside Bar and Grill at the end of the
Hustler pier as loud at night as it was last April when we were there?

Regarding the curtains, we love to see the
Belizean sun shining though them in the morning, it would be a shame to have to block out the sun.
Posted By: dphil56 Re: Blue Tang Inn - 01/29/01 03:09 PM
The only activity at Dockside Bar, the week I was there, was the Jerry Jeff activities, and I was in attendance. Other than that, it was quiet.
Regarding the view of the sea, from the beachfront rooms(4 of them), and the sun deck on the third floor, it was awesome. The other rooms don't have a sea view.

[This message has been edited by dphil56 (edited 01-29-2001).]
Posted By: seashell Re: Blue Tang Inn - 02/07/01 09:23 AM
Flomac, I too was staying at Rock's last April. I wonder if we met. The Dockside was so noisy that sometimes I could feel the bass in my chest and coming up my feet through the floor. It was quite disconcerting, since I quite liked the Dockside, as a place to stop for a drink and I ate lunch there most days. But with the all the light coming through the curtains first thing in the morning and the lobster trap guy making his traps at 5 a.m. and the Dockside blasting away, I was getting pretty tired. However, on my last trip, the Dockside was quite a bit more quiet. I suppose that's because it just reopened. Does anyone know what it's like now that it's been open for over a month?
Posted By: Bobber Re: Blue Tang Inn - 02/07/01 10:14 PM
So, the Blue Tang is the place next to Paradise Villas, right? I was wondering, as there was work going on and it looked very nice, nicer than I remembered from last year.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board