AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Marius Shipping question - 12/20/14 12:43 AM
Hi,

I am new to the board although I have been lurking for a bit.
We just came back from a great visit/exploratory tour of Belize, and has consequently decided to make San Pedro our home for at least a year, starting in June/July 2015.
Among the many things on our "to do list", I.e. Housing, school for kids etc etc are the following:
Do anybody have any suggestions of how we could ship some items from Northern California to San Pedro? Or Belize City? I assume there will be a couple of big boxes 2'x2'x2, weighing maybe 100lbs.
Appreciate any help
Thx,
Marius
Posted By: ScubaLdy Re: Shipping question - 12/20/14 01:46 AM
Recently someone told me about shipping Greyhound. You might check into that.
Posted By: Marius Re: Shipping question - 12/20/14 02:19 AM
Thx, I just checked (I never knew they offered this) they seem to be shipping by air! US$1200 for a 100lbs box, wow! It would be cheaper to pay for a friends ticket + hotel to bring a couple of suitcases worth of stuff!
Posted By: ron Re: Shipping question - 12/20/14 07:42 AM
I ship stuff to Hyde Shipping in Miami and they ship it to Belize. I always have had good luck with them
Posted By: Marius Re: Shipping question - 12/20/14 10:07 AM
Thanks Ron,
I will check with them.
Marius
Posted By: belizegial Re: Shipping question - 12/20/14 11:54 AM
check with these people out of Los Angeles:

[email protected]
Posted By: casa bella Re: Shipping question - 12/20/14 12:17 PM
Try https://www.facebook.com/shopandshipforyou . I've never used them . they are out of Los Angles . Maybe someone on the board has some information on them .
Posted By: Phil Re: Shipping question - 12/20/14 01:56 PM
Hyde are the standard option for shipping just about everything Belize imports. Lots of other smaller options but Hyde are the big boys and based just North of Miami are a lot closer than many other options. You'll need a Customs Broker at this end to clear it out of Belize Port and will likely pay duty on everything - the initial experience and cost of this will more than likely shock you as the low end rate with all tax etc is 35%, applied on the shipping cost as well as the goods value. It is often just as easy and cheap to replace a lot of non personal items here.
Posted By: Marius Re: Shipping question - 12/20/14 10:41 PM
Thank you everybody, this was very helpful.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board