AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Live2Fish Is Journey's End open ? - 01/29/01 03:11 PM
We are leaving for 1 week at JE on 2/5/01 ... anybody been there recently ? Any advice on staying there ? Thanx !
Posted By: chilly Re: Is Journey's End open ? - 01/29/01 11:16 PM
Last thing I heard about a week ago was that it was still closed. Better give them a call. See yaa!!!
Posted By: Fronna3 Re: Is Journey's End open ? - 01/30/01 12:27 AM
i THOUGHT i READ IN THE ARTICLE THAT WAS IN THE nEW yORK tIMES......oops, sorry, caps, That JE was opening a few rooms or something around Janurat 20th....I dunno
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Is Journey's End open ? - 01/30/01 01:39 AM
yes i read that same thing on marty's post. i was there in august 2000, but that was pre-keith. i dont know if it would help. you can see my photos at http://amberrgriscaye.com/jane
Posted By: Live2Fish Re: Is Journey's End open ? - 01/30/01 02:46 PM
Thanx, we're getting a lot of mixed reports and are worried since we are going with a group on 2/5/01 and cant cancel or change.
Posted By: caribbean soul Re: Is Journey's End open ? - 01/30/01 06:25 PM
Suppose to Open on Jan 20th. I was there on the 15th or 16th and they were NO WHERE NEAR READY TO OPEN. They were busy putting roofs on everything. Lots of the MESS cleaned up but still a lot to go
Posted By: Marty Re: Is Journey's End open ? - 01/31/01 12:29 AM
Yes, we are finally open and received the first guest last week. The place looks great. We have a new bar and reception area with beautiful mosaic tile. All the cabanas have a new scheme of alternating tropical colors. The restaurant has been updated with the latest and best equipment, including a pizza oven.

The grounds are green and lush.

We put together a great crew of some old and some new faces to staff the resort. The future is looking very good as reservations are streaming in.

Let Chef wow you with a Pizza Tropicale.
-Jonathan
Journey's End Resort
Posted By: Denny Shane Re: Is Journey's End open ? - 01/31/01 02:38 PM
Well, seems like a major view of difference here. It will be interesting to hear "your" report when you return.
Posted By: Belize Bound Re: Is Journey's End open ? - 02/01/01 12:52 AM
It may be wise to check with recent guests who stayed at the resort.

Worst case, make the best of it.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board