AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: eldaveo Wet Willys - 02/07/15 08:40 AM
I recently saw that Wet Willys has a new name. Did the couple that owned it sell out ? Are the still living on the island? Thanks, we met them in Dec. are surprised about the change.
Posted By: ragman Re: Wet Willys - 02/08/15 03:16 AM
They are still there, they just changed the name and menu some. Now called "The View" I've had breakfast and lunch there and it was good. We were going to go there for dinner today but plans changed. They have what looks like a nice dinner menu which we would like to try but that is going to have to wait for a while.

They no longer have late night entertainment and it is now a restaurant only. It's location over the water makes it somewhat unique and we find it very pleasant. Incidentally the owners are experienced and still own a restaurant in Maryland which I intend to visit for crab cakes this spring on my way North. They've promised me that I will not be disappointed.
Posted By: azbob Re: Wet Willys - 02/08/15 12:58 PM
Agree with Jim. I ate there several times during my recent visit and all meals were very good. Belizean Breakfast with fry jacks at $15bz and the basket of fish and chips were great also the peal your own shrimp. The dock is still called "Wet Willes", only the restaurant name has been changed to "Da Vu"
Posted By: eldaveo Re: Wet Willys - 02/09/15 09:12 AM
Thanks for the on time report. We stayed at Blue Tang in Dec. and frequented the bar often. We return in Mar. and look forward to more fun there. Do either of you know if Dave is still bartending there?
Posted By: maruke Re: Wet Willys - 02/14/15 03:17 PM
I had lunch at Da Vu yesterday and as far as I can tell Brent Butcher still plays there Monday and Thursday nights�and he is about as alive as you can get�..
Posted By: Lagoon 400 Re: Wet Willys - 02/14/15 03:25 PM
LOL.... I follow Brent on FB and this is very True.....
Posted By: KOB123 Re: Wet Willys - 02/15/15 11:43 AM
We had friends visit so we took them to Wet Willies/ The Da Vu
We had the pork chops and asked to have them blackened .
Better than mine and the mashed potatoes and snow peas were awesome.
Posted By: J DOG Re: Wet Willys - 02/15/15 05:32 PM
We just returned last night from a 10 day visit and had breakfast & lunch there a few times while staying at The Blue Tang & thought the food was great, I had a Brisket sandwich that was awesome! The thing I really like there now is how They got the lounges & tubes so you can float around while drinking a Belikin.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board