AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: AmbergrisBound Cancelled - now what? - 02/16/01 02:59 PM
I just cancelled a reservation that I had for 6 days at JE in the 1st wk of April based upon the reports on this board. However, now I am scrambling to try and decide on another place to go... I guess I am a little gun shy based upon the JE experience... and I am looking for some help in making the decision?

My boyfriend and I are in our late 20's, LOVE TO FLY FISH!, do not mind spending a little more $$ if necessary - but do not want to be taken for a ride!, both very active & love watersports etc.. We are staying at Cpt Morgans for 2 Days and desperately need a suggestion on where to go for 6 days (to fill the JE Void). A place where we will have a good time, access to good food, and most importantly great fly fishing (however will book this through Tanisha Tours as Love2Fish suggested).. I have to confirm my trip TODAY - so any suggestion would be greatly appreciated..
Posted By: Lan Sluder/Belize First Re: Cancelled - now what? - 02/16/01 03:30 PM
You probably know that El Pescador is the hotel that really specializes in fishing on Ambergris. However, you don't have to stay anywhere specific to fish, as you can hire a guide regardless of where you are staying. I'd suggest looking back through this board for the many, many reports on various hotels on the island. You might also check my Free, Fun and Easy Guide to Ambergris Caye on our Web site (which rates the various hotels on the island candidly), or buy the most recent edition of Fodor's Belize & Guatemala Guide, which I updated.

Among the many good places I can recommend for quality and fair value are Banana Beach, Villas at Banyan Bay, Coconuts, Paradise Villas, Caribbean Villas, Mayan Princess, Belizean Reef Suites, The Palms, and there are many others.

--Lan Sluder
Belize First Magazine http://www.turq.com/belizefirst/
Posted By: Live2Fish Re: Cancelled - now what? - 02/16/01 03:32 PM
I would book the Victoria House or Bayon Bay and then do the fishing as you say or by calling the guides direct. We had lunch at VH one day and really liked it, upscale, good food, etc.
Posted By: jlslks Re: Cancelled - now what? - 02/16/01 03:32 PM
I suggest you look up (Different places on this board) Karen Pasquariello's e-mail..She has been extremly helpful to me ...She seems to know everything about AC... She lived and worked there.... I'll bet she can help you!!!!!!
Posted By: garfish Re: Cancelled - now what? - 02/16/01 03:58 PM
another fishing \ diving resort is
TURNEFFE ISLAND LODGE. PHONE 713.313.4670 TALK WITH CATHERINE. this is a 12 acre island accessable by boat from Belize city. i know that they have a website too but not sure how to get to it.....good luck..i am sure you will both enjoy whatever you dooooo
Posted By: Live2Fish Re: Cancelled - now what? - 02/16/01 04:30 PM
Elodia at Tanisha Tours can help book any of them ... see my other post on AC Tours for contact info.
Posted By: AmbergrisBound Re: Cancelled - now what? - 02/16/01 04:45 PM
Live2Fish - thanks I will be in touch with Tanisha Tours.

jlslks - How do I find Karen Pasquariello's e-mail or get in touch with her (new to the message board)

As I am sure you can tell I am determined to get this right! When you save up all your $$ for a trip and take your annual vacation leave at one time... you sort of want to make sure you get it right! I am sure you can relate... Just want to have FUN! I wish there was one clear answer...
Posted By: Karen Pasquariello Re: Cancelled - now what? - 02/17/01 12:37 AM
Hi,
My email is [email protected] Feel free to write, hopefully I can help you with any questions.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board