AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: cbarnes scorpions - 03/02/01 02:17 AM
what kind of scorpions are on the Island? I found one in my suit case when I got back to the states?
Posted By: Mary and Scott Re: scorpions - 03/02/01 03:32 AM
Never saw a scorpion when we were there last September!
Posted By: helmsman Re: scorpions - 03/02/01 04:14 AM
The kind that sting! I got stung up north near Basil Jones when we were stopped for a lunch stop. I was gathering some driftwood and one dropped out of the wood and landed on my foot. Felt like a cross between an cattle prod and someone holding a lit cigar on my foot. Vincent, out guide, said it was not a bad one...(that's easy for him to say-it wasn't his foot) because I could still walk on it. The pain lasted all night and it was still tender the next day. I was definitely more cautious the rest of our stay. On the bright side-we had a great time and are already planning for next year's stay on AC!
Posted By: Lauren Re: scorpions - 03/03/01 08:54 PM
HAS ANYONE EVR SEEN A SCORPIAN @ THE MATA CHICA BECAUSE IF YOU HAVE PLEAZ TELL ME!
THANX!
~LAUREN*!
Posted By: Jessica Re: scorpions - 03/03/01 10:23 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't scorpions poisonous? What should one do if she is stung by a scorpion?
Posted By: Lan Sluder/Belize First Re: scorpions - 03/04/01 12:37 AM
Scorpions are poisonous, but the ones in Belize, at least all the ones I've ever heard about, are not lethal. It's like a bad wasp sting or maybe several wasp stings.

--Lan Sluder
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board