AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Hi guys... ok, i'm sportin my khaki shorts, knee hi's... white of course, my aloha shirt, jungle hat and binoc's.....all for the sake of being a tourist w/ a touristy kind of question here!!! lol.. ok.....i'm curious to know about the prices of groceries. i'm from cali but living in colorado, and was shocked to know that tomatoes were $2.99 here!!!! so, i guess my question would be can anyone tell me (does anyone want to bother to!! lol) some prices for say, milk, vegies & fruits, eggs, etc. just wanted an idea....thanx!!! (and now i can get these clothes off and get....oh Denny, here comes that naked word again!!! LOL... diann
LOL... and I was just imagining you with all those clothes on... lol
The locals can help more with this subject, but when we were there last September we were preparing for eggs,bacon, etc. to be sky high but they weren't that bad.The price on the veggies( I don't remember exactly what they were, but the main thing I remember about them was they didn't look all that great. We did buy potatoes and green beans..they were good, but just didn't look that great.We bought a huge box of fresh frozen shrimp (sounds like a contradiction of terms, doesn't it?) from a small store (I think it was blue?) down the street from the grocery by the statue (? Rocks?)and it was very reasonable...and good! Sorry about not knowing the names of these places, but we just asked around about where to buy things, like the shrimp,sardines for bait (which were huge!)etc. As others have said before, snack type foods are the most expensive so take whatever you think you will want. (My mom took "Goldfish" crackers, packages of cheese and crackers, a jar of peanut butter and packages of saltines. We did buy some hard cheeses and while they cost more than at home, they did not cost as much as I thought they would. Have a great time!! Belize it!
Thanks Mary!!! You know, I've been so worried about my attire (!) that I didn't even think about snacks. I am one of those people who eats all day, so thanks for the info. I didn't realize you could bring some things in. I had friends that went to Hawaii and she packed the moon!! Said all she heard was how expensive things were. As for me, I hope to totally indulge in lobster and fruits. Guess I'd better bring the chocolate tho!! thanks again....
there's a few sample prices at: //AmbergrisCaye.com/help/
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board