AmbergrisCaye.com Home
I normally visit Belize in January and February to dive. May not be able to dive during those months this year. Can anyone give me some advice on wind conditions and Pica Pica during April, May and June?
Wind tens to be more of an issue in March and beginning of April after that it does not pose much of a problem other than the odd day or so.

I consider May June as some of the best months to dive here due to calmer seas and better viz at the same time Pica Pica can be an issue however a good bottle of diluted vinigar in your dive pack and a good rinse with it in the affected areas after diving usually takes care of the situation.

Dive Safe

Gaz Cooper
Gaz Cooper's DIVE BELIZE www.divebelize.com
Here's some info on pica pica
//AmbergrisCaye.com/pages/town/picapica.html
I'd go for May and June for the best diving conditions. As for pica pica they will be there in May I'm not sure about June. I have heard good things about SafeSea. It's a protectant you put on like sunscreen in fact they make some that has sunscreen in it. I have not tried it but when I dive where there are pica pica I always slather on plenty of sunscreen and it seems to work. As Gaz said, bring vineager or windex for relief on the boat, but they won't do a danm thing about the rash you'll have for a week or two after. Have fun and dive safe, maybe We'll see you in May.

Ron
That's a great link! Thanks Marty!!!

Ron
Thanks for all of the advice everyone--great website!
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board