AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Dale Cave Tubing - 06/18/01 09:43 PM
Four of us (two couples) will be going to Belize in August for 10 days (first time for all of us!). We'll be staying on AC the whole time but also want to see the mainland (ie. cave tubing and ruins). Heard that Ian Anderson's is the best for cave tubing but from what I've been reading, I think we may have a problem. Does anyone know if we can do any of his trips without having to stay overnight on the mainland since we've already paid for our acccomodations on AC? Maybe one night would be okay. If not, any suggestions? Thanks!
Posted By: KC Re: Cave Tubing - 06/18/01 11:50 PM
Dale, Thanks for asking this, as I have been wanting to know also if the cave tubing can be done as a day trip. From what I have been reading, it sounds like at least a 2 nite stay (one before and one after). Anyone have an answer for us?? The overnight would add to the cost considerably, I'd think. BTW, I have read that a cave tube trip would be around $125.00 US -- is that in the ballpark?

Anyone?

kathy
Posted By: calchick Re: Cave Tubing - 06/19/01 03:53 AM
Dale & KC,
Check out www.cavesbranch.com for answers to your questions. There are day trips to both Jaguar Paw and Ian Anderson's. You fly into the muni airport for the Jaguar Paw trip ... which is as exciting as the tubing due to the short runway! The tubing is a must-do so go and have a blast.

[This message has been edited by calchick (edited 06-18-2001).]
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board